During this interactive workshop you will learn in practice which indicators exist, how to use them, what are the monitoring requirements and systems, which evaluation approaches exist and how to implement them. You will also learn how to procure evaluation services and how to check the results. Finally you will get acquainted with the auditor´s prospective to monitoring and evaluation.
Monitoring and evaluation is an essential part of management and implementation of European Structural and Investment Funds. The European Union legislation in the programming period 2014-2020 puts a stronger emphasis on monitoring and evaluation than ever before. Join our interactive workshop on Indicators, Monitoring and Evaluation of ESIF Programmes and Projects and get knowledge about:
- Which obligations do involved authorities have regarding monitoring and evaluation during management and implementation of Operational Programmes and ESIF projects inside OPs?
- Which indicators exist, what are their role and implications for the project cycle?
- Which monitoring systems and IT systems exist in order to collect, process and assess data?
- Which data has to be assessed for the respective evaluation?
- Which evaluation activities can be conducted internally and which have to be outsourced?
- How to write terms of reference and procurement of evaluation services?
- How to manage and steer the work of external evaluation experts?
- What is the role of process and impact evaluation?
- What are the most appropriate evaluation methodologies and for which type of operations do they apply?
- How can beneficiaries reach targets and contribute to the collection of data?
- What are the reporting responsibilities of the beneficiaries?
- What should beneficiaries be aware of regarding the control and audit activities of Managing and Audit Authority?
- How can an Audit Authority include the auditing of indicators and performance in an Audit Strategy?
Workshop Material – No need to miss anything!
If you are unable to make it to the workshop you may want to order a copy of the printed material including the access data to all presentations shown during the events. The price is € 199,- (each, excl. of VAT).
If interested, please contact Anya Zuschke.
This two-day intensive workshop focuses on the following topics:
- Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Framework in the current programming period
- Consequences of Mid-term evaluation of 2018 and outlook into ex post evaluation
- Indicators: how to select, use and implement them
- Practical exercise on how to define indicators for a specific project/programme and which thresholds have to be met
- Monitoring: requirements, obligations, systems
- Collection, processing and assessment of data
- Best case describing monitoring process through the life cycle of a real life project
- Assignment of evaluation to external services
- Writing Terms of Reference and procurement of evaluation services
- Implementation of evaluation plan
- Process evaluation and impact evaluation (theory based vs. counterfactual evaluation)
- Audit of performance data – new responsibility of audit authorities
- Performance Audit – perspective from the European Court of Auditors
Who should participate?
- Representatives from public authorities in charge of management, control, monitoring and evaluation of ESI Funds, especially from:
– Managing Authorities
– Audit Authorities
– Intermediate Bodies
– Regional and local authorities
– Court of Auditors
- External evaluators
- Beneficiaries of EU funded projects, i.e.: Private and public companies, associations, research institutes
- Bodies working in European Territorial Cooperation
- Public and private banks and other financial intermediaries
- International, national and local associations and networks
- Consultants and lawyers specialised on ESI Funds