The use of Simplified Cost Options (SCOs) has been extended to all ESI Funds, being applicable to more projects and mandatory for small projects. As such, public officials from Managing, Certifying, Audit Authorities and Intermediate Bodies, but also beneficiaries, need to be aware of how to correctly make use of flat rates, standard scales of unit costs and lump sums.
The 2014-2020 regulatory framework includes a number of measures that encourage the use of SCOs and improves their legal certainty: Among others, more possibilities are given to apply flat rates, not only based on indirect costs, but to calculate any type of costs, more calculation methods have been introduced and the threshold for lump sums has been increased. Although the extended use of simplification methods does explicitly include ERDF programmes, programme managers often encounter difficulties in their practical use, when it comes to cost calculation and eligibility of costs. As the use of simplified cost models and the move towards a result-based management have significant implications on the management and control of ESI Funds, all responsible programming bodies need to familiarise with these new requirements.
This intensive 3-day Summer Course is for specialists from Managing, Certifying & Audit Authorities and beneficiaries, who plan to set-up Simplified Cost Models or have already implemented this approach. Participants will learn about the new requirements and how to adapt their working methods and procedures to this simplified method in compliance with eligibility rules and regularity of expenditures.
- Representatives from public authorities in charge of financial management, control and audit, especially from:
- Managing Authorities
- Certifying Authorities
- Audit Authorities
- Intermediate Bodies
- ESI Funds experts from regional and local authorities and experts involved in ETC Programme
- Beneficiaries of EU funded projects, i.e.: Private and public companies, associations, research institutes
- Public and private banks
- International, national and local associations and networks
Topics & Methodology
Day I: Methodology and Calculation Methods of Simplified Cost Options
- Regulatory Framework and Principles
- Calculation Methods for Simplified Cost Options
- Flat-rate Financing: How to Apply & Practical Examples
- Standard Scales of Unit Costs & Lump Sums: Principles & Practical Examples
- Application of Art. 14.1 ESF Reg & Delegated Acts
- Exercises and Practical Group Work on Calculation Methods
Day II: How to Implement and Make Best Use of SCOs in Your Operational Programme?
- Implementing SCOs: Considerations for MAs, CAs & Beneficiaries
- Setting up Simplified Cost Models for ERDF Projects
- Best Practice and Recommendations for a Successful Use of Simplified Cost Models in Operational Programmes
- Interactive Session: Planning the Activities for Upcoming Months in Your Member State/Operational Programme
Day III: Control and Audit of Simplified Cost Options
- First-Level Control & Verification of Simplified Cost Options
- How to Ensure Cooperation between Managing and Audit Authorities?
- Audit of Simplified Cost Options
- Practical Exercises and Group Work on Eligibility of Costs: How to Avoid Errors and Irregularities?
The participants will be actively involved in the course in various exercises and group work. This round-table format offers a platform to learn about the new regulations and how to implement simplified cost models. Besides expert presentations, the sessions will include discussions and exchange of national (best) practices as well as expert guidance on how to best implement and apply the foreseen measures and instruments in your country
Just send to us your cases and questions in advance! We will forward them to our speakers, who will include your issues in the programme and answer them during the training.
What participants of events on Simplified Cost Options in 2017 said:
“It´s my second training with Lexxion for this year and I can say that they are very professional, with good and experienced speakers and important topics in the seminars. Thank you!”
Participant from the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Bulgaria, Sofia
“You are on the good way to solve my problems, which appear in my job everyday!”
Participant from the Ministry of Economic Development, Warsaw
“It was very useful. I can recommend it for everybody who works or will work with simplified cost.”
Participant from the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports, Prague
“Very useful and helpful. Very good presentation of the core issues with wonderful speakers.”
Participant from the Audit of EU Funds Executive Agency, Sofia
“New programming period and new approach, combined with structural changes for most of Managing Authorities – It is obligatory to learn about SCOs”
Course Material – No need to miss anything!
If you were unable to make it to the Spring Course you may want to order a copy of the printed material including the access data to all presentations shown during the events. The price is € 299,- (each, excl. of VAT). If interested, please contact Enrica Corpace.