- Publication frequency quarterly
- approx. 100 pages
- ISSN 2364-2831
- Language: English
EDPL 3/2020 is out now
Issue 3/2020 of the European Data Protection Law Review (EDPL) is now available! It includes opinions on why privacy’s past matters to our present and how Johannes Vermeer’s work brings awareness to the invisible mysteries of bodily privacy, to inner feelings and intimate secrets.
The articles section of EDPL 3/2020 offers in-depth analyses on variety of topics including: Data Protection Authorities and their Awareness-raising Duties under the GDPR, Facial Detection and Smart Billboards, AI and the Right to Erasure under the GDPR, New and Old Issues Concerning Certifiers’ Liabilities and Individual Perceptions and Attitudes Towards the GDPR.
In the reports section, covering national developments, in this edition you can find:
- GDPR Implementation Series: Bulgaria
- Croatia: ‘Stop COVID-19’: The Croatian Application for Contact Tracing – Overview and Privacy-related Uncertainties
- Italy: Covid-19 Emergency and Personal Data Protection at the Workplace: A Focus on the Italian Situation
- United Kingdom: Ensuring Legal Accountability of the UK Data Protection Authority: From Cause for Data Subject Complaint to a Model for Europe?
- United Kingdom: Automated Facial Recognition in the UK: The Bridges Case and Beyond
- Practitioners Corner: How can Private Information Recorded by Voice-enabled Systems be Identified?
Issue 3/2020 concludes with an insightful reviews of two recent publications Right to Erasure in EU Data Protection Law and Privacy Online, Law and the Effective Regulation of Online Services
Become an Author for EDPL and view our Call for Papers
We cordially invite young researchers to submit articles based on their thesis. Please use our Call for Papers: Young Scholars Award 2020
Data Protection Insider Sign up for the latest news on EU Data Protection.