Monitoring and evaluation is an essential part of management and implementation of European Structural and Investment Funds. The European Union legislation in the programming period 2014-2020 puts a stronger emphasis on monitoring and evaluation than ever before. Join our interactive workshop on Indicators, Monitoring and Evaluation of ESIF Programmes and Projects and get knowledge about:
- Which obligations do involved authorities have regarding monitoring and evaluation during management and implementation of Operational Programmes and ESIF projects inside OPs?
- Which indicators exist, what are their role and implications for the project cycle?
- Which monitoring systems and IT systems exist in order to collect, process and assess data?
- Which data has to be assessed for the respective evaluation?
- Which evaluation activities can be conducted internally and which have to be outsourced?
- How to write terms of reference and procurement of evaluation services?
- How to manage and steer the work of external evaluation experts?
- What is the role of process and impact evaluation?
- What are the most appropriate evaluation methodologies and for which type of operations do they apply?
- How can beneficiaries reach targets and contribute to the collection of data?
- What are the reporting responsibilities of the beneficiaries?
- What should beneficiaries be aware of regarding the control and audit activities of Managing and Audit Authority?
- How can an Audit Authority include the auditing of indicators and performance in an Audit Strategy?
This two-day intensive workshop focuses on the following topics:
- Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Framework in the programming period 2014-2020
- Performance Framework Verification: expectations and consequences of Mid-term evaluation
- Indicators: how to select, use and implement them
- Practical exercise on how to define indicators for a specific project/programme and which thresholds have to be met
- Monitoring: requirements, obligations, systems
- Collection, processing and assessment of data
- Best case describing monitoring process through the life cycle of a real life project
- Assignment of evaluation to external services
- Writing Terms of Reference and procurement of evaluation services
- Implementation of evaluation plan
- Process evaluation and impact evaluation (theory based vs. counterfactual evaluation)
- Audit of performance data – new responsibility of audit authorities
- Performance Audit – perspective from the European Court of Auditors