This autumn the first day of the practical course will focus on the general principles of the application of State aid rules in the field of ESI Funds at the national, regional and local level:
- Concept of State aid and notification in practice: State aid, assessment of State aid compatibility and notification procedure in a case involving EU funding
- Relation between State Aid and ESI Funds: the obligations of Managing Authorities with respect to State aid and options for securing the compatibility with State aid in Operational Programmes and EU funded projects
- Exercises on designing of State aid compatible public measures
- State Aid Exemptions: De minimis rules, General Block Exemption Regulation, Services of General Economic Interest
The second day will offer you parallel interactive sessions which will enable you to choose the topics, which are most relevant for you:
- GBER specific provisions of importance for ERDF and ESF managers
- Aid for broadband infrastructure
- Aid for local infrastructure
- Aid for airports and ports
- Training aid
- Aid for employment
- Regional Aid: Regional aid under the GBER, guidelines on regional State aid, regional maps, recent case law involving regional aid
- Funding infrastructure in compliance with State aid rules
- Energy infrastructure
- R&D&I infrastructure
- Sport and multifunctional recreational infrastructure
- Public utilities infrastructure: water, sewerage and waste
- State aid for Financial Instruments and risk finance: State aid at different levels of Financial Instruments, MEIP for FIs, use of de minimis to support FIs, Risk finance guidelines and notification procedure for Financial Instruments
The highlight of the course are the new Fund specific working groups – ESF working group and ERDF working group, participation in which will give you a unique opportunity to discuss and search for solutions in either your individual fund specific problematic cases from your day-to-day work or in the real-life cases from national State aid working groups of different countries.
The interactive practical course offers the possibility to meet and exchange with experts from EU institutions, Member States as well as the private sector. The different perspectives of our experienced trainers will support to apply the complex rules to real cases. A mix of learning methods will be applied in the course to achieve the best results.
The Lexxion Training Method combines the three stages of learning to ensure that the participants obtain the best possible understanding of EU rules:
1) Identification of the main points or principles;
2) Appreciation of the complexities and limitation of the principles, and
3) Application of the principles.
The participants will be actively involved in the course. The sessions will combine presentations, case studies and discussion on practical problems. You will have ample opportunities to present your own problematic issues and discuss them with the speakers and participants from other Member States.
Just send to us your cases and questions in advance! We will forward them to our speakers, who will include your issues in the programme and answer them during the training. All information concerning such problems and cases will be treated confidentially.
Course Material – No need to miss anything!
If you are unable to make it to the interactive course, you may want to order a copy of the printed material including the access data to all presentations shown during the event.
The price is € 299,- (excl. of VAT).