Public Procurement in the EU amounts to 1 trillion Euro. However, the violation of the public procurement rules remains one of the main sources of irregularities and fraud in projects co-financed by Structural Funds. The European Commission constantly implements decisions to suspend or interrupt European funding due to the infringements of public procurement procedures. Ensuring correct public procurement – a proper drafting of tenders, running of negotiations, assignment and conclusion of the contract – is essential for all contracting authorities.
Who should participate?
Experts responsible for monitoring, control and auditing of public procurement in:
- ERDF, ESF, CF, EAFRD, EMFF Managing Authorities
- Audit Authorities
- Certifying Authorities
- Intermediate Bodies
EU funds experts involved in the implementation of EU funded projects and acting as a contracting authority in public authorities such as:
- National ministries
- National agencies
- Regional and local governments
- City councils
- National and Regional Development Agencies
- Auditors from National and Regional Audit Authorities
- Private companies acting as contractors for the implementation of EU funded projects
- Lawyers and consultants specialised in public affairs
- Private and Public Banks
Day 1: The Reformed Public Procurement Directives and Procedures
- Current European procurement rules and their reform
- The tendering phases from defining the tender to conclusion of the contract
- Audit requirements
NEW! Problem Solving Session
At the end of day 1 you have the unique opportunity to discuss your burning questions and cases with Prof. Bovis who will get acquainted with the details of your problem and provide you with an advice on how to solve it.
All information concerning your problems and cases will be treated confidentially.
Day 2: Managing ESI Funds
- Public procurement and the management of Structural Funds
- Tasks of Managing and Contracting Authorities
- Most frequent public procurement errors
- Determining, administrating and defining irregularities
- COCOF Guidelines for determining financial corrections to be made to expenditure financed by the Union under shared management
Practical Workshops and Break-out Sessions
- Putting in place a system to manage ESI Funds and Measures to Reduce the Risk of Procurement Errors and Fraud
- Interactive Case Study on Audit Requirements
Workshop and/or Conference Material – No need to miss anything!
If you were unable to make it to the workshop you may want to order a copy of the printed material including the access data to all presentations shown during the events. The price is € 199,- (excl. of VAT). If interested, please contact Gaël Langosch.