The Autumn Conference offers a platform to discuss and exchange on current developments in EU State aid law. Expert panels and fictitious case studies with leading practitioners invite participants to get actively involved in the debates, exchange experiences and receive guidance on particular questions and cases. A great networking opportunity!Programm herunterladen Teilen
Workshop | Day 1
The intensive workshop on the first day, which takes place under the academic direction of Michael Schütte, will give participants a profound insight into currently debated State aid issues. The focus will be on two specific topics, which will be explored and discussed in a small group, thus giving sufficient room for interaction, lively debates and your individual questions.
Conference | Day 2
At the conference you can update your State aid knowledge and discuss recent decisions, judgments and developments with our renowned experts from the EU Courts, the European Commission, academia and private legal practice.
Interactive panel discussions and Q&A sessions leave time for exchange and discussion with colleagues from different EU Member States – use the great networking opportunity!
Chairs: Michael Honoré (Partner, Michael Honoré Advokatfirma, Copenhagen); Antonios Bouchagiar (Member of the Legal Service, European Commission), and Andreas Bartosch (Partner, Bartosch EU – Law, Brussels)
Who should participate?
- Private legal practitioners
- Representatives from public authorities on national, regional and local level
- Representatives from public and private banks
- Industry representatives and in-house counsels dealing with State aid law
Benefits of Attending
- Join the leading State aid Community to discuss latest developments in European State aid control with acknowledged practitioners
- Participate in various expert panel discussions
- Q&A sessions via a conference app
- Meet leading experts from the European Commission, EU Courts, national authorities, private legal practitioners, academics and industry representatives
Workshop and/or Conference Material – No need to miss anything!
If you are unable to make it to the workshop and/or conference you may want to order a copy of the printed material including the access data to all presentations shown during the events. The price is € 199,- (each, excl. of VAT).
If interested, please contact Enrica Corpace.
Tag 1: Donnerstag, 28. November | EStALI Workshop
Registration & Welcome Coffee
Welcome & Introduction to the Workshop
Morning Session: State Financing Outside of State Aid Rules
- Economic vs. non-economic activities
- The ‘no effect on trade’ doctrine – When does it apply?
- The Marinvest and Porting cases
Afternoon Session: The Consequences on GBER from Easti Pagar to the BMW Case
- What is allowable under GBER
- Discussion on the BMW case
- Modification of GBER: What can we expect?
Final Discussion and Concluding Remarks
Tag 2: Freitag, 29. November | EStALI Conference
Registration & Welcome Coffee
Welcome on behalf of EStALI
Session I: Recent Case-Law and Current Developments in EU State Aid Law
- Keynote:Speech and Q&A
- Keynote: Recent Case-Law from the EU Courts
Session II: State Resources and Imputability in Energy Cases and Beyond
- What resources are public or private following the judgments in the EEG (C-405/16) and the Achema (C-706/17) cases?
- What measures are imputable to the State following the judgments in the Tercas (Τ-98/16) and Ryanair (Τ-53/16) cases?
Session III: National Courts and Unlawful Aid
- Review of the Commission study: National courts only exceptionally respond positively to companies claims on unlawful aid
- Commission Notice on the recovery of unlawful and incompatible State aid
Research Fellow, European University Institute, Florence
Session IV: Recent Developments in the Area of Fiscal Aid
- Polish (T-836/16) and Hungarian (T-20/17) turnover taxes cases
- Recent developments in the Starbucks (T-636/16) and FIAT (T-759/15) cases
Final Résumé & End of the EStALI Autumn Conference
Hotel(s) in der Nähe
Reduzierte Teilnahmegebühr für Vollzeit-Akademiker (Workshop & Konferenz): € 1.850,– (exkl. USt)
Reduzierte Teilnahmegebühr für Vollzeit-Akademiker (Konferenz, 29. November): € 545,- (exkl. USt)
Reguläre Teilnahmegebühr (Workshop & Konferenz): € 2.050,- (exkl. USt)
Reguläre Teilnahmegebühr (Workshop, 28. November): € 1.500,- (exkl. USt)
Reguläre Teilnahmegebühr (Konferenz, 29. November): € 745,- (exkl. USt)
Rabatt für European State Aid Law Quarterly (EStAL)-Abonnenten: € 50,–
21% USt (Belgien) wird zusätzlich berechnet.
Die Anzahl der Teilnehmer ist begrenzt.