In the current programming period a stronger control regime with the focus on effective financial management and control system was established. One of the requirements of this financial management and control system is the twelve-month accounting year, which starts on 1 July and ends on 30 June (except for the first accounting period). According to the requirements of the European Commission, managing, certifying, audit authorities and intermediate bodies have to prepare the Assurance Package and to provide all included documents to the European Commission by 15 February of the next accounting year.
Certifying authority is challenged to submit annual accounts, based on certified payment applications, conducted by the managing authority during the accounting year. Accounts shall be accompanied by the management declaration and annual summary of the final audit reports and of the controls carried out – this is the responsibility of the managing authority. Finally, the audit authority has to submit the annual control report and opinion of an independent audit body drawn up in accordance with internationally accepted audit standards.
A very clear division of tasks, smooth communication and efficient interplay between the involved authorities are crucial for the successful and accurate submission of all the documents of the Assurance Package to the European Commission.
The two-day online workshop focuses on the following topics:
- Requirements and obligations of managing, certifying, audit authorities and intermediate bodies for the preparation and submission of the Assurance Package to the European Commission
- Management verifications: role of the managing authority/intermediate body
- How to prepare, certify and submit payment applications to the European Commission
- How to prepare, certify and submit annual accounts to the European Commission
- Audit of annual accounts
- How to conduct annual summary and management declaration
- Verification of annual summary and management declaration
- How to prepare audit opinion and annual control report
- Errors and irregularities in the Assurance Package
- Audit of the Assurance Package by the European Court of Auditors
Who should participate?
- Representatives from public authorities in charge of management and implementation of Operational Programmes, especially from:
- Managing Authorities
- Certifying Authorities
- Audit Authorities
- Intermediate Bodies
- ESI Funds experts from regional and local authorities and experts involved in ETC Programme
- Auditors controlling and auditing ESI Funds programmes and projects
- Experts from National and regional Courts of Auditors
- Experts from Institutions involved in the implementation of ESI funds
- Consultants and lawyers specialized on ESI Funds
- Beneficiaries of EU funded projects
Course Material – No need to miss anything!
If you were unable to attend the online course you may want to order a copy of the printed material including the access data to all presentations shown during the event. The price is € 199,- (excl. of VAT). If interested, please contact Anya Zuschke.
What participants of our previous (online) courses said:
„I was absolutely satisfied with the online version of this workshop. The presentations were enlightening. I could take part in the discussions with the speakers and other participants from around Europe.“
„Great lectors! I strongly recommend it to everyone interested in enlarging their knowledge about the Assurance Package, that has to be prepared, certified, audited and submitted to the EC!“
„An ongoing learning programme made family!“
Bigmarker is our interactive online course platform. In order to join our online course, please check your device compatibility first.
What do you need in order to join the online course?
- Speakers, Microphone; Camera is possible, if you would like to be seen during the online course.
- A wired connection is strongly recommended.
- If your internet connection doesn´t work, you can join the online course by telephone, using a dial-in number. In this case there might be additional telephone costs.
How to join the online course?
- Choose the computer from which you would like to follow the online course.
- Please check your device compatibility.
- As soon as you get the invitation link: Please register for the online course by clicking the invitation link.
- 15 minutes before the online course: Bring your headphones, click the invitation link, enter and enjoy the online course!
Minimum system requirements are as follows:
- Operating System: Windows 7 or later; Mac OS X 10.12 or later, Linux.
- Browser: The most recently-published versions of Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Safari, or Opera.
- High-speed internet: A consistent, high-speed connection is required. Mobile tethering, hotspots, slow or inconsistent public Wi-Fi networks may create latency when using video conferencing.
Why do I need to register before the online course starts?
Thank you for registering! This not only helps us to communicate with you in regard to technical issues but it helps you to network with your fellow online course participants.
Will the online course be recorded?
Please ask the responsible event manager.
Do I need a camera?
It is recommended to have a camera for more comfortable communication with the speakers and other participants.
Do I need a microphone?
Since this is an interactive online course, yes.
Do I need to install anything?
No. We expect you to have a browser.
Can I ask questions during the online course?
Yes, you can ask your questions live by using your microphone. You can speak to all participants at the same time as you may have experienced in Skype.
When can I enter the online course I’m attending?
15 minutes before the start. You only can enter if you have passed the system check.
May I leave the online course and come back later?
Yes, just log in at a later time during the online course.
May I access via Phone?
Yes, you can. Participating via phone means you can listen only. Please keep in mind that you will be dialling a US number which would result in higher telephone costs.
Can’t find invitation?
Please check your spam-folder. You should also ask your colleague from the IT department to ‘whitelist’ us. For more details please ask the corresponding event manager, who will be happy to help you.
I failed the Firewall System Check – what can I do?
Please contact your IT department and have them open the necessary ports, which can be found here.
What are the detailed System requirements?
All requirements can be found here.
I failed the Audio Output System Test – what can I do?
If you are using headphones or external speakers, try unplugging them. Please unmute your device. Test your speakers here to find out if they work.
I would like to participate but I’m waiting for an approval. Can I order a ticket on the day of the online course?
Sure. Please message firstname.lastname@example.org. We need to have a separate testing before the start of the online course.
My email address has changed – can I still participate?
Sure. Please provide us with your updated email adress; you will then receive a new invitation.
How do I contact the host of the online course?
Please contact Anya Zuschke.