On the way to a green, digital, resilient and innovative Europe 2021-2027, it is crucial for the involved authorities to:
- Select and implement the projects, which fit into the framework of the European Commission about innovative, resilient, digital and green Europe,
- Use new, innovative approaches and instruments for the controlling activities; they will help to make management control, verifications and audits of EU Funds even more efficient, effective and successful.
Who Should Participate
- Representatives from public authorities in charge of financial management, control and audit, especially from:
- Managing Authorities
- Responsible Authorities
- Certifying Authorities
- Delegated Authorities
- Audit Authorities
- Intermediate Bodies
- EU Funds experts from regional and local authorities and experts involved in ETC Programme
- Beneficiaries of EU funded projects, i.e.: Private and public companies, associations, research institutes
- Public and private banks
- International, national and local associations and networks
A hybrid event by Lexxion Publisher is a new combined event format, which takes place in parallel: face-to-face and online. This new event format offers participants and speakers the opportunity to attend the event live on site or online, depending on the current situation, which gives additional flexibility. Our primary goal is to provide our online participants with the same high-quality experience as participants on-the-spot. For this, we place particular emphasis on interaction. This includes virtual networking during coffee breaks, active participation in discussions and the opportunity to ask questions via chat or microphone.
What participants of the previous Online Events of Lexxion said:
„Thank you for organising the delivery of this course which went really well. The breakout rooms were a novel and worthy idea. It was also helpful to have the slides which are very useful resources for our work“.
“Everything was perfect. The topic, the issues tackled, the presenters. I had again the feeling that we are one community. I had private communication with some speakers and they were really very helpful.”
“This was my first experience in a Lexxion online seminar. Great organisation. Big “Thank you” to the organisers and presenters!”
Course Material – No need to miss anything!
If you were unable to attend the event you may want to order a copy of the printed material including the access data to all presentations shown during the events. The price is € 299,- (each, excl. of VAT). If interested, please contact Anya Zuschke.
Topics & Methodology
Session 1: Experience and Lessons Learnt from 2014-2020 for Management and Control of Innovative and Green Projects in 2021-2027
Session 2: Programming and Management of ESI Funds: On the way to a Green, Digital, Resilient and Innovative Europe
- How to fit Managing Authority thinking into the framework of the European Commission about innovative, resilient, digital and green Europe?
- Potential of such projects in Member States?
- How to access and select such projects?
- Which instruments should be used to finance such projects?
Session 3: How to Control this kind of projects from the Managing Authority Perspective
- Conducting Risk Management – focus on long-term effects
- How to verify this kind of projects?
- How do Managing Authorities adjust their working tools?
- Innovative methods in working approach and processes of the Managing Authority
- Communication with the beneficiaries
Session 4: Practical Aspects of Control in Financial Instruments
- Financial instruments under Cohesion Policy
- Responsibilities of the main stakeholders
- Control of financial instruments – perspectives of Managing Authority, Fund of Fund Manager, Financial Intermediary and Final Recipient (Polish experience and lessons learnt)
- Key changes planned for 2021-2027 period
Session 5: Using Innovative Approaches for Your Controlling Activities – ESIF Innovation Game by Jo Kremers
- Conducting risk management and risk analysis of the projects
- New methods and instruments, data analysis and more effective and innovative approaches to perform the controlling activities
- Risk management and Healthy Scepticism (current period and COVID-19 experiences)
- New upcoming risks in a Digital, Green , Resilient World were Climate is changing
- Risks to focus on while selection operations (KR2), managing, verfying and auditing them
- Use of Artificial Intelligence, HI-Tech, Data Mining, Robot-Eyes, Sophisticated Tools, Data Analytics and so on
- How to use social media sources to make management verifications and audits easier?
- Which useful information can be found on the internet about the project?
- How EU databases can be helpful for you?
- Use of analytical review and data-analytics
- Use of official certification marks or declaration of conformity
- How to use the most important (audit) instruments in an effective way
- How to invest in more effective interviews
- Use of self-assessments and SATooling
- Use of internal audit in an effective way
- Use of frameworks set up by accredited renowned institutions
- Use of historical data and (upcoming/expected) trends
- Use innovative techniques in your presentation
- Exercises on how to use sophisticated audit software to detect irregularities and fraud, for example, how possible electronic manipulations can be detected, how plagiarism can be detected with a special software, as well as many other useful IT tools
The participants will be actively involved in the course in various exercises and group work. An engaging round-table format will offer a platform to learn the new methods and instruments, data analysis and more effective and innovative approaches to perform the controlling activities. Besides expert presentations, the sessions will include discussions and exchange of national (best) practices as well as expert guidance on how to best implement and apply the foreseen measures and strategies in your country.
And don’t forget, as Jo Kremers (one of the speakers of this course) always says during his presentations, „a day without laughing is a day wasted!“
Simply send us your cases and questions in advance! We will forward them to our speakers, who will include your issues in the programme and answer them during this Course.
Zoom is our online course platform. If you wish to participate online, please check your device compatibility first. The following instructions only apply for online participants.
What do you need in order to join the course online?
- Speakers, Microphone; Camera is possible, if you would like to be seen during the course.
- A wired connection is strongly recommended.
- If your internet connection doesn´t work, you can join the course by telephone, using a dial-in number. In this case there might be additional telephone costs.
How to join the course online?
- Choose the computer from which you would like to follow the course.
- Please test your microphone and camera in advance. For this please install Zoom and follow these instructions
- In order to join the live course, please open the URL link, which you receive from us. Please install Zoom, if not done yet.
- Click on „Join a Meeeting“, enter your full name, so we can recognize you and wait in the waiting room, until our host will let you in.
- Use your headset and camera.
Minimum system requirements are as follows:
- Operating System: Windows 7 or later; Mac OS X 10.12 or later, Linux.
- Browser: The most recently-published versions of Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Safari, or Opera.
- High-speed internet: A consistent, high-speed connection is required. Mobile tethering, hotspots, slow or inconsistent public Wi-Fi networks may create latency when using video conferencing.
Why do I need to register before the course starts?
Thank you for registering! This not only helps us to communicate with you in regard to technical issues but it helps you to network with your fellow course participants.
Will the course be recorded?
Please ask the responsible event manager.
Do I need a camera?
It is recommended to have a camera for more comfortable communication with the speakers and other participants.
Do I need a microphone?
Since this is an interactive online course, yes.
Do I need to install anything?
Yes, you should install Zoom app. Please click on the URL link, which you receive from us. It will automatically prompt to download the app.
Can I ask questions during the course?
Yes, you can ask your questions live by using your microphone. You can speak to all participants at the same time as you may have experienced in Skype.
When can I enter the course I’m attending?
Please enter Zoom 10 minutes before the start. Our host will let you in in due time.
May I leave the online course and come back later?
Yes, just log in at a later time during the online course.
May I access via Phone?
Yes, you can. Participating via phone means you can listen only.
Can’t find invitation?
Please check your spam-folder. You should also ask your colleague from the IT department to ‘whitelist’ us. For more details please ask the corresponding event manager, who will be happy to help you.
I failed the Firewall System Check – what can I do?
All requirements can be found here.
I failed the Audio Output System Test – what can I do?
If you are using headphones or external speakers, try unplugging them. Please unmute your device. Test your speakers here to find out if they work.
I would like to participate but I’m waiting for an approval. Can I order a ticket on the day of the online course?
Sure. Please message email@example.com. We need to have a separate testing before the start of the online course.
My email address has changed – can I still participate?
Sure. Please provide us with your updated email adress; you will then receive a new invitation.
How do I contact the host of the course?
firstname.lastname@example.org is happy to help you.