The new issue of the European State Aid Law Quarterly presents expert views on major recent topics that have been rocking the State aid community. We bring research articles on the novel problem of Turnover Taxes, in-depth analysis of National Transparency Registers in the EEA-EFTA, examine the standing of Rescue and Restructuring Aid, the emergence of an Arm’s Length Principle in EU law, and discuss the question of Public Authority or Economic Activity in relation to public infrastructures.
In the Opinions section, we feature analyses of the string of Recent Judgments Annulling Commission’s Decisions, as well as State Aid Regulation After Brexit.
See our new annual Review of all State Aid Jurisprudence for a comprehensive summary of the judicial activity from the CJEU in 2018, highlighting the major topics addressed by the EU Courts and the evolution of the Case law in the preceding year.
This issue also brings detailed analytic Case Annotations on the following major judgments:
- Case C-654/17 – BMW
- Case T-624/15 – Micula
- Case C-706/17 – Achema
- Case T-728/17 – Marinvest
- Case T-747/17 – UPF
- Case T-388/11 – Deutsche Post
- Case T-865/16 – FC Barcelona
- Case T-131/16 – Excess Profits
- Case C-387/17 – Traghetti del Mediterraneo
- Case C-544/17 – BPC Lux 2
- Case C-510/16, C-492/17 and T-679/16 – Carrefour, Südwestrundfunk and Athletic Club
- Case C-135/16 – Georgsmarienhütte
- Case C-127/16 – SNCF Mobilités
Our News from the Member States section has the latest developments in:
View all articles of EStAL 3/19 here.