- Erscheinungsweise vierteljährlich
- ca. 100 Seiten
- ISSN 2364-2831
- Sprache: Englisch
Issue 4/2019 – Data-Driven Tech, Face Recognition and More
We round off a happening year for data protection with the latest edition of the European Data Protection Law Review (EDPL). In issue 4/2019 you find the opinions by experts from the US and South Korea – Susan Landau and Min-Young Choi – on the effectiveness of large scale data-driven processes. Read articles by renowned academics on the European regulation of smartphone ecosystems, civil liability for processing of personal data in the GDPR, and a comparative international study on tort and data protection law.
Get an update on the latest from the Member States and beyond in our practical reports section:
- EU: EDPB Opinion 14/2019 on Standard Contractual Clauses
- GDPR Implementation Series: Hungary, Portugal, Slovakia
- Germany: Video Surveillance and Face Recognition
- Sweden: GDPR Fine for Face Recognition in School
- Practitioner’s Corner: Data Control in Smart City Services
Read about these recent CJEU judgements in our case notes section:
- C‑136/17 GC et al v CNIL
- C-496/17 Deutsche Post
- C‑18/18 Glawischnig-Piesczek v Facebook Ireland
- C-40/17 Fashion ID
View the whole content of EDPL 4/2019: HERE.
Become an Author for EDPL and view our Call for Papers
Data Protection Insider Sign up for the latest news on EU Data Protection.
In case you missed Issue 14, a PDF file can be found here: Issue 14 (pdf)