Public Procurement in the EU amounts to 1 trillion Euro. However, the violation of the public procurement rules remains one of the main sources of irregularities and fraud in projects co-financed by Structural Funds. The European Commission constantly implements decisions to suspend or interrupt European funding due to the infringements of public procurement procedures. Ensuring correct public procurement – a proper drafting of tenders, running of negotiations, assignment and conclusion of the contract – is essential for all contracting authorities.
Who should participate?
Experts responsible for monitoring, control and auditing of public procurement in:
- ERDF, ESF, CF, EAFRD, EMFF Managing Authorities
- Audit Authorities
- Certifying Authorities
- Intermediate Bodies
EU funds experts involved in the implementation of EU funded projects and acting as a contracting authority in public authorities such as:
- National ministries
- National agencies
- Regional and local governments
- City councils
- National and Regional Development Agencies
- Auditors from National and Regional Audit Authorities
- Private companies acting as contractors for the implementation of EU funded projects
- Lawyers and consultants specialised in public affairs
- Private and Public Banks
Day 1: The Reformed Public Procurement Directives and Procedures
- Current European Procurement Law and the Reforms
- Public Procurement Proceedings in Theory
- Interactive Tutorial: Tendering Phases in Practice
- Practical Workshop on Audit Requirements and Compliance – Case Study
Day 2: Managing ESI Funds
- Public Procurement and Innovation
- Public Procurement in ESI-Funded Programmes – View of a Managing Authority
- Interactive workshop
- Preventing Irregularities and Conducting Financial Corrections in Operational Programmes
- Case Studies – Handling Irregularities in EU-funded Projects and Operational Programmes
- Problem Solving Session with Prof. Christopher Bovis
At the end of day 2 you have the unique opportunity to discuss your burning questions and cases with Prof. Bovis who will get acquainted with the details of your problem and provide you with an advice on how to solve it.
All information concerning your problems and cases will be treated confidentially.
Course Material – No need to miss anything!
If you were unable to attend the online course you may want to order a copy of the printed material including the access data to all presentations shown during the event. The price is € 199,- (excl. of VAT). If interested, please contact Anya Zuschke.
Bigmarker is our interactive online course platform. In order to join our online course, please check your device compatibility first.
What do you need in order to join the online course?
- Speakers, Microphone; Camera is possible, if you would like to be seen during the online course.
- A wired connection is strongly recommended.
- If your internet connection doesn´t work, you can join the online course by telephone, using a dial-in number. In this case there might be additional telephone costs.
How to join the online course?
- Choose the computer from which you would like to follow the online course.
- Please check your device compatibility.
- As soon as you get the invitation link: Please register for the online course by clicking the invitation link.
- 15 minutes before the online course: Bring your headphones, click the invitation link, enter and enjoy the online course!
Minimum system requirements are as follows:
- Operating System: Windows 7 or later; Mac OS X 10.12 or later, Linux.
- Browser: The most recently-published versions of Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Safari, or Opera.
- High-speed internet: A consistent, high-speed connection is required. Mobile tethering, hotspots, slow or inconsistent public Wi-Fi networks may create latency when using video conferencing.
Why do I need to register before the online course starts?
Thank you for registering! This not only helps us to communicate with you in regard to technical issues but it helps you to network with your fellow online course participants.
Will the online course be recorded?
Please ask the responsible event manager.
Do I need a camera?
It is recommended to have a camera for more comfortable communication with the speakers and other participants.
Do I need a microphone?
Since this is an interactive online course, yes.
Do I need to install anything?
No. We expect you to have a browser.
Can I ask questions during the online course?
Yes, you can ask your questions live by using your microphone. You can speak to all participants at the same time as you may have experienced in Skype.
When can I enter the online course I’m attending?
15 minutes before the start. You only can enter if you have passed the system check.
May I leave the online course and come back later?
Yes, just log in at a later time during the online course.
May I access via Phone?
Yes, you can. Participating via phone means you can listen only. Please keep in mind that you will be dialling a US number which would result in higher telephone costs.
Can’t find invitation?
Please check your spam-folder. You should also ask your colleague from the IT department to ‘whitelist’ us. For more details please ask the corresponding event manager, who will be happy to help you.
I failed the Firewall System Check – what can I do?
Please contact your IT department and have them open the necessary ports, which can be found here.
What are the detailed System requirements?
All requirements can be found here.
I failed the Audio Output System Test – what can I do?
If you are using headphones or external speakers, try unplugging them. Please unmute your device. Test your speakers here to find out if they work.
I would like to participate but I’m waiting for an approval. Can I order a ticket on the day of the online course?
Sure. Please message firstname.lastname@example.org. We need to have a separate testing before the start of the online course.
My email address has changed – can I still participate?
Sure. Please provide us with your updated email adress; you will then receive a new invitation.
How do I contact the host of the online course?
Please contact email@example.com.