Are you new in the field of State Aid? Do you want to learn more about the concept of State aid and its general prohibition under EU treaty rules? This course is going to help you find out how to assess the existence of State aid in your funding measures, get a detailed overview of the most important State aid exemptions and learn how to implement them in practice.
Our experts will teach you how to make sure that your projects and funding schemes are designed in compliance with State aid rules and provide you valuable insight into the methods of assessment and handling the State aid cases by the DG Competition. Moreover, you will get acquainted with all the procedures relevant for State aid notification and learn how to recover incompatible State aid from third parties and what the consequences of a recovery failure are. In addition, you will have the opportunity to discuss your individual problems with acknowledged professionals.
This course is eligible for Professional Certificate on EU State Aid Law.
The training covers all topics that you need for the start in the State aid field. Our experts will give you an overview on:
- Structure of the system of State aid control and obligations of all parties involved
- Concept of State aid and its application in the practice
- De minimis aid and State aid exemptions
- Practical application of the GBER
- Notification of State aid cases to the European Commission
- Assessment of compatibility of aid by the European Commission
- Recovery of incompatible aid
Who should participate?
- Public officials from:
• Ministries and other national authorities
• Regional governments
• Communal and City councils involved in granting State aid in sectors such as:
• Transport and infrastructure
• Environment and Energy
• Telecommunication and Broadband
• Social services and health
• New employees in the State Aid Monitoring Offices
- ESI funds experts from:
• Institutions coordinating the national strategies for ESI Funds
• Managing, Certifying and Audit Authorities
• Intermediate bodies
• Bodies implementing EU funded projects
• Employees of National and Regional Development Agencies
• Lawyers and consultants specialized in public affairs
- Structure of the System of State aid Control
- Concept of State Aid and the Criteria of Art. 107 TFEU
- State Aid Assessment: Principles of Compatibility
- State Aid Exemption: De minimis
- The General Block Exemption Regulation (GBER) in Practice: Common & Specific Provisions
- State Aid Exemption: Main Horizontal Guidelines
- State Aid for Environmental Protection and Energy
- Aid for R&D&I
- Regional State aid
- Procedures of State Aid and Notification
- Case Studies
- Employment aid
- Training aid
- Green energy
The participants will be actively involved in the training. The sessions will combine presentations, case studies and discussion on practical problems. You will have opportunities to present your own problematic issues and discuss them with the speakers and participants from other Member States.
Just send us your cases and questions in advance! We will forward them to our speakers, who will include your issues in the programme and answer them during the training. All information concerning such problems and cases will be treated confidentially.
Participants will receive extensive materials:
- All presentations shown during the training (inclusive online access to all presentations after the training)
- Selection of corresponding journals published by Lexxion
- Confirmations of participation
Course Material – No need to miss anything!
If you are unable to make it to the training, you may want to order a copy of the printed material including the access data to all presentations shown during the events. The price is € 199,- (each, excl. of VAT). If interested, please contact Zrinka Mozara!