Two-day training covering all the topics you need for starting your work in the field of Financial Instruments, giving you a comprehensive overview on the legal basics and best practice of implementing and managing Financial Instruments.Share
The policy framework for European Structural and Investment Funds emphasises the need for a more significant use of financial instruments (FIs) in the programming period 2014-2020. FIs are not limited to specific objectives anymore, but can be implemented within all funds and priorities. The overall goal is to improve the quality of projects supported with FIs, as the financial support must be repaid. The Commission supports the use of FIs by providing off-the-shelf financial instruments with standard terms and conditions, which are compatible with ESI Funds regulation and State Aid rules and seek to combine public and private resources (Commission Implementing Regulation 964/2014). The managing authorities can also get involved in the centrally-managed FIs such as Horizon 2020, COSME and the SME Initiative.
With the growing importance of FIs it is of major relevance that all officials involved in their set-up and implementation – both the managing bodies and the beneficiaries – are aware of the applicable regulation and procedures applying to credits, guarantees and equity.
Who should participate?
- Increase your knowledge of the implementation and management of financial instruments.
- Have a clear understanding when EU regulations apply.
- Be able to improve tendering procedures and calls for the expression of interest.
- Be able to assign financial intermediaries to become a holding fund.
- Learn how to successfully establish FIs in the Programming Period 2014-2020
- Benefit from another Member State’s implementation experience & learn good practices.
- Have a platform to exchange ideas and challenges within their organisation and receive practical advice on current cases.
- Employees responsible for set up, monitoring and auditing of Financial Instruments in:
- ERDF and ESF Managing, Audit and Certifying Authorities and Intermediate Bodies
- Holding Funds
- Financial Intermediaries
- Experts involved in the implementation with FI in public authorities such as:
- National ministries
- Regional and local governments
- City councils
- National and Regional Development Agencies
- Research institutes
- Lawyers and consultants specialised in public affairs
- Public and National Promotional Banks
- Private sector financial institution and Stakeholders
Online-Buchungen sind für diese Veranstaltung nicht verfügbar.