Managing authorities, intermediate bodies and beneficiaries have to be aware of the audit requirements in order to be best prepared for audit visits. The day-to-day obligation of audit authorities is to conduct audit on operations, audit on projects and audit on payment claims, which causes such difficulties as choosing the right sampling method, handling of error rates and auditing of State aid and public procurement. Furthermore audit authorities have to meet requirements and assessment criteria in system audit and audit of accounts, and effectively conduct audit of the management declaration. A failure to comply with the rules and incorrect reimbursements of EU Funds may lead to repayments and financial liability of the EU Member States. When the amounts cannot be recovered and this is a result of fault of a Member State, the latter is obliged to reimburse these amounts to the budget of the Union. Therefore, national authorities have to meet the challenges of stronger financial controls and carry out the respective audits.
What participants of the previous Online Events of Lexxion said:
“Thank you for organising the delivery of this online course which went really well. The breakout rooms were a novel and worthy idea. It was also helpful to have the slides which are very useful resources for our work”.
“The course was tough and excellent. Just want to say that you managed it very well, this is to your credit as we were all working in a unnatural environment”.
“This is the second time I attend an event at Lexxion and I am still very pleased. Lexxion organizes events very well and always has good speakers.”
“I was very satisfied with the content of this online workshop. The presentation skills of the trainers were at a high level.”
The two-day online course focuses on the following topics:
- Control and Audit Framework for Managing, Certifying, Intermediate and Audit Authorities 2014-2020 versus 2021-2027
- Changes and challenges for Audit Authorities related to the Corona Pandemic
- Key requirements and assessment criteria related to system audits
- How should managing authority/intermediate body/beneficiary best prepare for auditors’ visits?
- What does the audit authority expect from the managing authority/intermediate body/beneficiary in terms of audits?
- Audit of accounts
- Audit documentation management (audit trail/working papers)
- Audit of Simplified Cost Options
- Audit of public procurement and audit of State aid
- How to detect and manage errors and irregularities
- How to combat fraud and corruption
- How to analyse risks and implement a risk management system
Who should participate?
- Representatives from public authorities in charge of control and audit of ESI Funds, especially from:
- Managing Authorities
- Certifying Authorities
- Audit Authorities
- Intermediate Bodies
- ESI Funds experts from regional and local authorities and experts involved in ETC Programme
- Auditors controlling and auditing ESI Funds programmes and projects
- Experts from EU, National and regional Court of Auditors
- Experts from Institutions involved in implementation of ESI funds
- Consultants and lawyers specialised on ESI Funds
- Beneficiaries of EU-funded projects
Zoom is our interactive online course platform. In order to join our online course, please check your device compatibility first.
What do you need in order to join the online course?
- Speakers, Microphone; Camera is possible, if you would like to be seen during the course
- A wired connection is strongly recommended.
- If your internet connection doesn´t work, you can join the course by telephone, using a dial-in number. In this case there might be additional telephone costs.
How to join the online course?
- Choose the computer from which you would like to follow the online course.
- Please test your microphone and camera in advance. For this please install zoom and follow these
- In order to join the live online course, please open the URL link, which you receive from us. Please install
the zoom, if not done yet
- Click on “Join a Meeeting”, enter your full name, so that we could recognize you, and wait in the waiting
room, until our host will let you in
- Use your headset and camera
Minimum system requirements are as follows:
- Operating System: Windows 7 or later; Mac OS X 10.12 or later, Linux.
- Browser: The most recently-published versions of Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Safari, or Opera.
- High-speed internet: A consistent, high-speed connection is required. Mobile tethering, hotspots, slow or inconsistent public Wi-Fi networks may create latency when using video conferencing.
Why do I need to register before the online course starts?
Thank you for registering! This not only helps us to communicate with you in regard to technical issues but it
helps you to network with your fellow course participants.
Will the online course be recorded?
Please ask the responsible event manager.
Do I need a camera?
It is recommended to have a camera for more comfortable communication with the speakers and other participants.
Do I need a microphone?
Since this is an interactive online course, yes.
Do I need to install anything?
Yes, you should install Zoom app. Please click on the URL link, which you receive from us. It will automatically prompt to download the app.
Can I ask questions during the online course?
Yes, you can ask your questions live by using your microphone. You can speak to all participants at the same time as you may have experienced in Skype.
When can I enter the online course I’m attending?
Please enter Zoom 10 minutes before start. Our host will let you in in due time.
May I leave the online course and come back later?
Yes, just log in at a later time during the online course.
May I access via Phone?
Yes, you can. Participating via phone means you can listen only.
Can’t find invitation?
Please check your spam-folder. You should also ask your colleague from the IT department to ‘whitelist’ us. For more details please ask the corresponding event manager, who will be happy to help you.
I failed the Firewall System Check – what can I do?
All requirements can be found here.
I failed the Audio Output System Test – what can I do?
If you are using headphones or external speakers, try unplugging them. Please unmute your device. Test your speakers here to find out if they work.
I would like to participate but I’m waiting for an approval. Can I order a ticket on the day of the online course?
Sure. Please message email@example.com. We need to have a separate testing before the start of the online course.
My email address has changed – can I still participate?
Sure. Please provide us with your updated email adress; you will then receive a new invitation.
How do I contact the host of the online course?
firstname.lastname@example.org is happy to help you.