Lexxion’s three-day advanced Summer Course on Financial Instruments (FIs) offers the perfect opportunity to meet and discuss the current challenges for set-up and implementation of financial instruments. Participate in in-depth presentations and exchange good practices.
The current policy framework for ESI Funds emphasises the need for a significant use of financial instruments with multiplied amounts of ESIF resources delivered to SMEs and other final recipients. Managing authorities within all ESI Funds are currently establishing and implementing the new financial instruments in forms of loans, guarantees, equity and quasi equity. During these processes, ESIF experts need to be aware not only of the Common Provision Regulation but also of the public procurement and State aid regulations.
The Commission also supports the use of Financial Instrument by providing off-the-shelf instruments and enabling the managing authorities to get involved in the centrally-managed Financial Instrument such as Horizon 2020, COSME, InnvoFin and the SME Initiative. Additionally, synergies are possible with resources under the Juncker Plan or European Fund for Strategic Investments.
The possibilities to combine different sources of funding on the programme and project level are in focus of Managing Authorities and other bodies involved in the implementation of financial instruments across Europe.
Lexxion’s three-day advanced Summer Course offers the perfect opportunity to meet and discuss the current challenges for set-up and implementation of financial instruments. Participate in in-depth presentations and exchange good practices on topics such as:
- Introduction: Set Up and Implementation of Financial Instruments (FIs) in 2014-2020 Programming Period: Objectives, Main Rules and Regulatory Framework
- Set Up and Implementation of Financial Instruments in Practice
- Key Elements of Sound Financial Management of Financial Instruments
- Selection of Bodies Implementing Financial Instruments (Fund of Fund Managers and Financial Intermediaries)
- Combination Financial Instruments with Grants and with European Fund for Strategic Investments (EFSI)
- Structuring and Implementation of Loan Instruments
- Structuring and Implementation of Guarantee Instruments
- Structuring and Implementation of Equity Instruments
- Ensuring Compliance of Financial Instruments with State Aid Rules
- Monitoring, Audit and Control in Financial Instruments
- Irregularities in the Implementation of Financial Instruments
- Re-Use of Resources Allocated of Financial Instruments after the eligibility period
- Financial Instruments Beyond 2020
Our Summer Course will combine lectures, tutorials, case studies and discussion on practical problems. As a participant you will be actively involved in the course and be able to present your own problematic issues. The different perspectives of our experienced trainers will support to apply the complex rules to real case and a mix of learning methods will be applied in the course to achieve the best results.
Just send to us your cases and questions in advance!
We will forward them to our speakers, who will include your issues in the programme and answer them during the training. All information concerning such problems and cases will be treated confidentially.
Who should participate?
- Representatives from public authorities in charge of implementation and management of Financial Instruments, especially from:
- Managing Authorities
- Certifying Authorities
- Audit Authorities
- Intermediate Bodies
- Regional and local authorities
- Beneficiaries of EU funded projects:
- Private and public companies
- Research institutes
- Bodies working in European Territorial Cooperation
- Public and private banks and other financial intermediaries
Course Material – No need to miss anything!
If you are unable to make it to the summer course you may want to order a copy of the printed material including the access data to all presentations shown during the event. The price is € 299,- (excl. of VAT). If interested, please contact Hanne Goldbeck.