Overview and Programme
Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund (AMIF), Internal Security Fund (ISF) and Border Management and Visa Instrument (BMVI) tackle Europe-wide migration and immigration challenges. To implement these funds efficiently and effectively, officials in public authorities need to have sufficient knowledge of challenges and pitfalls in implementation, management and control of AMIF, ISF and BMVI in practice. Join us during the upcoming online workshop and learn about the following topics:
- Financial management, control and audit requirements for AMIF, ISF and BMVI 2014-2020 versus 2021-2027
- How to use Simplified Cost Options for Migration and Security Funds, which are compulsory from 2021?
- How to make management verifications of AMIF and ISF more effective?
- What are the key requirements for system audit, audit of expenditures and audit of accounts?
- How to ensure appropriate record-keeping and appropriate audit trail when security aspects have to be considered?
- How to audit Simplified Cost Options in AMIF, ISF and BMVI?
- How is the audit of Migration and Security Funds by the European Court of Auditors carried out?
- How to detect and manage errors and irregularities, concerning lack of access to the documentation because of security aspects?
- How to combat fraud and corruption?
Who should participate?
- Representatives from public authorities in charge of financial management, control and audit of Migration and Security Funds (AMIF, ISF and BMVI), especially from:
- Ministry of Interior
- Ministry of Migration
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Ministry of Refugees, Immigration and Integration Affairs
- Ministry of Justice
- Ministry of Finance
- Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs
- Police authorities such as:
- Border Police
- Border Guards
- National and Regional Police Forces
- Border Control Agencies
- ESI Funds experts from regional and local authorities
- Auditors controlling and auditing AMIF, ISF and BMVI programmes and projects
- Experts from EU, national and regional Courts of Auditors
- Experts from institutions involved in the implementation of AMIF, ISF and BMVI
- Consultants and lawyers specialised on AMIF, ISF and BMVI
- Beneficiaries of AMIF, ISF and BMVI
Previous Participants Said
„Thank you for organising an excellent course. It was very comprehensive with guest speakers who well informed. Also, it contained a lot of information both for those who were new to EU funds and those who have experience.“
“Thank you for organising the delivery of this online course which went really well. The breakout rooms were a novel and worthy idea. It was also helpful to have the slides which are very useful resources for our work”.
„The event is very useful for me because it has contributed to add new knowledge in this field and to share information with peers of mine from other member states“.
A workshop by Lexxion Publisher offers the possibility to meet with experts from EU institutions, Member States as well as the private sector. The different perspectives of our experienced trainers will support you in applying complex rules to your practical day-to-day work. To achieve the best results, a mix of learning methods will be applied in the course.
Our approach combines the three stages of learning to ensure that the participants obtain the best possible understanding of the applied rules:
1) Identification of the main rules and principles,
2) Appreciation of the complexities and limitation of the principles,
3) Application of the rules and principles.
The participants will be actively involved in the course. The sessions will combine presentations, case studies and discussion on practical problems. You will have ample opportunity to present your own issues and discuss them with the speakers and participants from other Member States.
Just send to us your cases and questions in advance! We will forward them to our speakers, who will include your issues in the programme and answer them during the course. All information concerning such problems and cases will be treated confidentially.
Course materials are available for download after the event.
During the online course by Lexxion Publisher all speakers present live via video and audio. Participants are actively involved in the online courses. By offering our participants the possibility to use their microphones and cameras during the whole course, we aim to recreate the atmosphere of a face-to-face Lexxion course. We encourage our participants to ask questions in real time and to take part in live discussions with speakers and other participants. Additionally, we offer breakout sessions, as part of this format, where participants work in smaller groups on real-life cases and exercises. During these exercises, participants have the technical possibility to see other group members and talk to them (using microphone and camera). Moreover, we make use of different interactive features of the online platform, such as polls, multiple choice questions and quizzes. This way participants can test their knowledge on the topic, anonymously. There are ample opportunities for the participants to present their own problematic issues, discuss and solve them with the speakers and participants from other Member States.
Course Material – No need to miss anything!
If you are unable to attend the course you may want to order all the presentations shown during the event. The price is € 199,- (excl. of VAT). If interested, please contact Anya Zuschke.
How to Join the Course Online
Zoom is the platform for online participation in this course. In order to join the course online, please check your device compatibility first.
What do I need in order to join the course online?
- Speakers, Microphone; Camera is possible, if you would like to be seen during the course
- A wired connection is strongly recommended.
- If your internet connection doesn´t work, you can join the course by telephone, using a dial-in number. In this case there might be additional telephone costs.
Minimum system requirements are as follows:
- Operating System: Windows 7 or later; Mac OS X 10.12 or later, Linux.
- Browser: The most recently-published versions of Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Safari, or Opera.
- High-speed internet: A consistent, high-speed connection is required. Mobile tethering, hotspots, slow or inconsistent public Wi-Fi networks may create latency when using video conferencing.
How do I join the course online?
- Choose the computer from which you would like to follow the course.
- Please install the zoom, if not done yet. Install here.
- Please test your microphone and camera in advance. For this, follow these instructions.
- Open the Zoom App, click on „Join a Meeeting“, enter your full name, so that we could recognise you, enter the ID and the Passcode, which we sent you, and wait in the waiting room, until our host will let you in.
- Alternatively, it is possible to use Zoom through browser or through skype for business. BUT! Some functions are not available in these versions, therefore we highly recommend using the downloaded App.
- Use your headset and camera.
FAQ for Online Participation
Why do I need to register before the course starts?
Thank you for registering! This not only helps us to communicate with you in regard to technical issues but it
helps you to network with your fellow course participants.
Will the course be recorded?
Please ask the responsible event manager.
Do I need a camera?
It is recommended to have a camera for more comfortable communication with the speakers and other participants.
Do I need a microphone?
Since this is an interactive course, yes.
Do I need to install anything?
Yes, you should install Zoom app here.
Can I ask questions during the course?
Yes, you can ask your questions live by using your microphone. You can speak to all participants at the same time as you may have experienced in Skype.
When can I enter the course I’m attending?
Please enter Zoom 10 minutes before start. Our host will let you in in due time.
May I leave the course and come back later?
Yes, just log in at a later time during the course.
May I access via Phone?
Yes, you can. Participating via phone means you can listen only.
Can’t find invitation?
Please check your spam-folder. You should also ask your colleague from the IT department to ‘whitelist’ us. For more details please ask the corresponding event manager, who will be happy to help you.
What are the detailed System requirements?
All requirements can be found here.
I failed the Audio Output System Test – what can I do?
If you are using headphones or external speakers, try unplugging them. Please unmute your device. Test your speakers here to find out if they work.
I would like to participate but I’m waiting for an approval. Can I order a ticket on the day of the course?
Sure. Please message firstname.lastname@example.org.
My email address has changed – can I still participate?
Sure. Please provide us with your updated email adress, you will then receive a new invitation.
How do I contact the host of the course?
email@example.com is happy to help you.