The policy framework for ESI Funds, and for Migration & Security Funds emphasises the need for a more significant use of Financial Instruments (FI) within Funds in the new programming period 2021-2027. Managing Authorities and Responsible Authorities have to establish and implement FI in forms of loans, guarantees, equity and quasi equity. The overall goal is to improve the quality of projects supported with FI, as the financial support must be repaid. Another important topic when implementing FI is the proper monitoring, verification and control of FI. During these processes, Funds experts need to be aware of the public procurement and State aid regulations. Irregularities at any stage can lead to repayments and financial corrections. Join us during the upcoming intensive course and get prepared for the upcoming challenges!
Who should participate?
- Employees responsible for set up, monitoring and auditing of Financial Instruments in:
- ESIF Managing Authorities, Intermidiate Bodies, Certifying Authorities and Audit Authorities
- AMIF/ISF/BMVI Reponsible Authorities, Delegated Authorities, Audit Authorities
- Holding Funds
- Financial Intermediaries
- Experts involved in the implementation of FI in public authorities such as:
- National ministries
- Regional and local governments
- City councils
- National and Regional Development Agencies
- Research institutes
- Lawyers and consultants specialised in public affairs
- Public and National Promotional Banks
- Private sector financial institutions and Stakeholders
The three-day intensive course offers the possibility to meet with experts from EU institutions, Member States as well as the private sector. The different perspectives of our experienced trainers will support you in applying complex rules to your practical day-to-day work. To achieve the best results, a mix of learning methods will be applied in the course.
Our approach combines the three stages of learning to ensure that the participants obtain the best possible understanding of the applied rules:
1) Identification of the main rules and principles,
2) Appreciation of the complexities and limitation of the principles,
3) Application of the rules and principles.
The participants will be actively involved in the course. The sessions will combine presentations, case studies and discussion on practical problems. You will have ample opportunity to present your own issues and discuss them with the speakers and participants from other Member States.
Just send to us your cases and questions in advance! We will forward them to our speakers, who will include your issues in the programme and answer them during the course. All information concerning such problems and cases will be treated confidentially.
Course materials are available for download after the event.
During the online course by Lexxion Publisher all speakers present live via video and audio. Participants are actively involved in the online courses. By offering our participants the possibility to use their microphones and cameras during the whole course, we aim to recreate the atmosphere of a face-to-face Lexxion course. We encourage our participants to ask questions in real time and to take part in live discussions with speakers and other participants. Additionally, we offer breakout sessions, as part of this format, where participants work in smaller groups on real-life cases and exercises. During these exercises, participants have the technical possibility to see other group members and talk to them (using microphone and camera). Moreover, we make use of different interactive features of the online platform, such as polls, multiple choice questions and quizzes. This way participants can test their knowledge on the topic, anonymously. There are ample opportunities for the participants to present their own problematic issues, discuss and solve them with the speakers and participants from other Member States.
Course Material – No need to miss anything!
If you are unable to attend the course you may want to order all the presentations shown during the event. The price is € 299,- (excl. of VAT). If interested, please contact Anya Zuschke.
How to Join the Course Online
Zoom is the platform for online participation in this course. In order to join the course online, please check your device compatibility first.
What do I need in order to join the course online?
- Speakers, Microphone; Camera is possible, if you would like to be seen during the course
- A wired connection is strongly recommended.
- If your internet connection doesn´t work, you can join the course by telephone, using a dial-in number. In this case there might be additional telephone costs.
Minimum system requirements are as follows:
- Operating System: Windows 7 or later; Mac OS X 10.12 or later, Linux.
- Browser: The most recently-published versions of Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Safari, or Opera.
- High-speed internet: A consistent, high-speed connection is required. Mobile tethering, hotspots, slow or inconsistent public Wi-Fi networks may create latency when using video conferencing
How do I join the course online?
- Choose the computer from which you would like to follow the course.
- Please install the zoom, if not done yet. Install here.
- Please test your microphone and camera in advance. For this, follow these instructions.
- Open the Zoom App, click on “Join a Meeeting”, enter your full name, so that we could recognise you, enter the ID and the Passcode, which we sent you, and wait in the waiting room, until our host will let you in.
- Alternatively, it is possible to use Zoom through browser or through skype for business. BUT! Some functions are not available in these versions, therefore we highly recommend using the downloaded App.
- Use your headset and camera.
FAQ for Online Participation
Why do I need to register before the course starts?
Thank you for registering! This not only helps us to communicate with you in regard to technical issues but it
helps you to network with your fellow course participants.
Will the course be recorded?
Please ask the responsible event manager.
Do I need a camera?
It is recommended to have a camera for more comfortable communication with the speakers and other participants.
Do I need a microphone?
Since this is an interactive course, yes.
Do I need to install anything?
Yes, you should install Zoom app here.
Can I ask questions during the course?
Yes, you can ask your questions live by using your microphone. You can speak to all participants at the same time as you may have experienced in Skype.
When can I enter the course I’m attending?
Please enter Zoom 10 minutes before start. Our host will let you in in due time.
May I leave the course and come back later?
Yes, just log in at a later time during the course.
May I access via Phone?
Yes, you can. Participating via phone means you can listen only.
Can’t find invitation?
Please check your spam-folder. You should also ask your colleague from the IT department to ‘whitelist’ us. For more details please ask the corresponding event manager, who will be happy to help you.
What are the detailed System requirements?
All requirements can be found here.
I failed the Audio Output System Test – what can I do?
If you are using headphones or external speakers, try unplugging them. Please unmute your device. Test your speakers here to find out if they work.
I would like to participate but I’m waiting for an approval. Can I order a ticket on the day of the course?
Sure. Please message email@example.com.
My email address has changed – can I still participate?
Sure. Please provide us with your updated email adress, you will then receive a new invitation.
How do I contact the host of the course?
firstname.lastname@example.org is happy to help you