The proposal for a Common Provisions Regulation for the new programming period 2021-2027 extended the use of Simplified Cost Options (SCO). According to Article 48 of the amended proposal, the contribution provided to the beneficiary from the ERDF, the ESF+, the JTF, the AMIF, the ISF and the BMVI shall mandatory take the form of unit costs, lump sums or flat rates, for all the projects under EUR 200.000. Therefore, public officials from Managing, Responsible, Delegated, Audit Authorities and Intermediate Bodies, but also beneficiaries, need to learn about the new requirements and how to adapt their working methods and procedures to this simplified method in compliance with eligibility rules and regularity of expenditures.
The three-day interactive online course focuses on:
Day 1 – Rules, Methodology and Calculation Methods of SCO for EU Funds
- Regulatory framework and principles of SCO 2014-2020 versus 2021-2027
- Calculation methods: Flat-rate financing, standard scales of unit costs and lump sums
- Exercises and practical group work on calculation methods
Day 2 – How to Establish the Methodology for Using SCO in your Programmes and Projects
- Implementing SCO: Considerations for Managing Authorities and Intermediate Bodies, for Responsible and Delegated Authorities, for beneficiaries
- Recommendations for a successful use of SCO in your Operational Programmes
- Setting up simplified cost models for ERDF projects, ESF projects, Migration and Security Funds projects
Day 3 – Verification and Audit of Simplified Cost Options
- First-level control & verification of SCO
- How to avoid errors and irregularities when using SCO
- Audit of SCO
- New mandatory requirement: Ex-ante assessment of SCO´s methodology
Who should participate?
- Representatives from public authorities in charge of financial management, control and audit, especially from
- Managing Authorities
- Responsible Authorities
- Intermediate Bodies
- Delegated Authorities
- Certifying Authorities
- Audit Authorities
- Regional and local authorities
- Court of Auditors
- Beneficiaries of EU funded projects, i.e.: Private and public companies, associations, research institutes
- Bodies working in European Territorial Cooperation
- Public and private banks and other financial intermediaries
- International, national and local associations and networks
- Consultants and lawyers
Previous Participants Said
“The SCO workshop was very informative and helpful and the speakers shared their contacts for further questions, if there will be any, which I consider the added value to the workshop and I am thankful that I was a participant.”
“New programming period and new approach, combined with structural changes for most of Managing Authorities – It is obligatory to learn about SCO.”
“Fantastic course! You covered everything.”
“The professional scale that has been established by Lexxion is extremly high.”
“It’s my second training in Lexxion for this year and I can say that they are very professional, with good and experienced speakers and important topics in the seminars. Thank you!”
“You are on the good way to solve my problems, which appear in my job everyday!”
“Thank you for this opportunity to listen to such highly qualified experts!”
“Very useful and helpful. Very good presentation of the core issues, wonderful speakers.”
The three-day intensive course offers the possibility to meet with experts from EU institutions, Member States as well as the private sector. The different perspectives of our experienced trainers will support you in applying complex rules to your practical day-to-day work. To achieve the best results, a mix of learning methods will be applied in the course.
Our approach combines the three stages of learning to ensure that the participants obtain the best possible understanding of the applied rules:
1) Identification of the main rules and principles,
2) Appreciation of the complexities and limitation of the principles,
3) Application of the rules and principles.
The participants will be actively involved in the course. The sessions will combine presentations, case studies and discussion on practical problems. You will have ample opportunity to present your own issues and discuss them with the speakers and participants from other Member States.
Just send to us your cases and questions in advance! We will forward them to our speakers, who will include your issues in the programme and answer them during the course. All information concerning such problems and cases will be treated confidentially.
During the online course by Lexxion Publisher all speakers present live via video and audio. Participants are actively involved in the online courses. By offering our participants the possibility to use their microphones and cameras during the whole course, we aim to recreate the atmosphere of a face-to-face Lexxion course. We encourage our participants to ask questions in real time and to take part in live discussions with speakers and other participants. Additionally, we offer breakout sessions, as part of this format, where participants work in smaller groups on real-life cases and exercises. During these exercises, participants have the technical possibility to see other group members and talk to them (using microphone and camera). Moreover, we make use of different interactive features of the online platform, such as polls, multiple choice questions and quizzes. This way participants can test their knowledge on the topic, anonymously. There are ample opportunities for the participants to present their own problematic issues, discuss and solve them with the speakers and participants from other Member States.
Course Material – No need to miss anything!
If you are unable to attend the course you may want to order all the presentations shown during the event. The price is € 299,- (excl. of VAT). If interested, please contact Julia Thiemann.