Topics of the Summer Course
Day 1: Concept & Assessment of State Aid
- Concept and principles of State aid
- Compatibility of State aid
- The Market Economy Operator Principle (MEOP)
- Group work: Does a measure constitute State aid?
Day 2: State Aid Exemptions: De Minimis & GBER; Procedures
- De minimis Regulation
- General Block Exemption Regulation (GBER)
- GBER: Best practice for application in Member States
- Procedures: Notification & recovery of unlawful State aid
- Practical session: Procedural rules, Guidelines, GBER
Day 3: SGEI & Main Horizontal Guidelines
- Concept of Services of general economic interest (SGEI)
- Specific sectors: SGEI rules incl. case studies
- Regional aid & practical cases
- Aid for Research, development and innovation (R&D&I)
- Environmental and energy aid & practical cases
Day 4: Infrastructure Funding
- Funding of infrastructure in compliance with State aid
- Practical exercises on infrastructure funding
The four-day intensive course offers the possibility to meet with experts from EU institutions, Member States as well as the private sector. The different perspectives of our experienced trainers will support you in applying complex rules to your practical day-to-day work. To achieve the best results, a mix of learning methods will be applied in the course.
Our approach combines the three stages of learning to ensure that the participants obtain the best possible understanding of the applied rules:
1) Identification of the main rules and principles,
2) Appreciation of the complexities and limitation of the principles,
3) Application of the rules and principles.
The participants will be actively involved in the course. The sessions will combine presentations, case studies and discussion on practical problems. You will have ample opportunity to present your own issues and discuss them with the speakers and participants from other Member States.
Just send to us your cases and questions in advance! We will forward them to our speakers, who will include your issues in the programme and answer them during the course. All information concerning such problems and cases will be treated confidentially.
We will organise different social activities for our participants on site, during which you will have an opportunity to meet the experts and other participants and to discuss your questions in an informal atmosphere.
Course materials are available for download after the event.
The hybrid course by Lexxion Publisher is a new combined event format, which takes place in parallel: face-to-face and online. This new event format offers participants and speakers the opportunity to attend the event live on site or online, depending on the current situation, which gives additional flexibility. Our primary goal is to provide our online participants with the same high-quality experience as participants on-the-spot. For this, we place particular emphasis on interaction. This includes virtual networking during coffee breaks, active participation in discussions and the opportunity to ask questions via chat or microphone.
Course Material – No need to miss anything!
If you are unable to attend the course you may want to order all the presentations shown during the event. The price is € 299,- (excl. of VAT). If interested, please contact August Andreae.