The intensive hybrid summer course is designed to provide you with great knowledge in Public Procurement from a macro to micro perspective. In three days you get well trained in order to apply the theory into practice.
Topics of the Summer Course
Day I: Legal Framework and Procurement Procedures
Day II: Applying Procurement Rules in Different Sectors
Day III: Concessions and Public Private Partnerships
Who should participate?
Procurement officers, anti-fraud and corruption officers, public officials responsible for the prevention of fraud and corruption as well as for risk assessment and risk management from the following institutions:
- Public Authorities on EU, national and regional level
- Non-governmental organisations (NGOs)
- Consulting companies and legal practitioners
- Academic institutions
Previous Participants Said
“Recommended to bidders as well: a great opportunity to better understand customers, to prepare digitalization and improve compliance.”
“Very professional speakers with practical examples.”
“Personal commitment by Lexxion to deliver best Cost/Benefit-Ratio to the participants. The only training I take part in since 5 years.”
“It was a great experience, the training was very well organised, excellent! Congratulations!”
The three-day intensive course offers the possibility to meet with experts from EU institutions, Member States as well as the private sector. The different perspectives of our experienced trainers will support you in applying complex rules to your practical day-to-day work. To achieve the best results, a mix of learning methods will be applied in the course.
Our approach combines the three stages of learning to ensure that the participants obtain the best possible understanding of the applied rules:
1) Identification of the main rules and principles,
2) Appreciation of the complexities and limitation of the principles,
3) Application of the rules and principles.
The participants will be actively involved in the course. The sessions will combine presentations, case studies and discussion on practical problems. You will have ample opportunity to present your own issues and discuss them with the speakers and participants from other Member States.
Just send to us your cases and questions in advance! We will forward them to our speakers, who will include your issues in the programme and answer them during the course. All information concerning such problems and cases will be treated confidentially.
We will organise different social activities for our participants on site, during which you will have an opportunity to meet the experts and other participants and to discuss your questions in an informal atmosphere.
Course materials are available for download after the event.
During the online course by Lexxion Publisher all speakers present live via video and audio. Participants are actively involved in the online courses. By offering our participants the possibility to use their microphones and cameras during the whole course, we aim to recreate the atmosphere of a face-to-face Lexxion course. We encourage our participants to ask questions in real time and to take part in live discussions with speakers and other participants. Additionally, we make use of different interactive features of the online platform, such as polls, multiple choice questions and quizzes. This way participants can test their knowledge on the topic, anonymously. Moreover, there are ample opportunities for the participants to present their own problematic issues, discuss and solve them with the speakers and participants from other Member States.
Course Material – No need to miss anything!
If you are unable to attend the course you may want to order all the presentations shown during the event. The price is € 299,- (excl. of VAT). If interested, please contact Laura Hoppe.
How to Join the Course Online
Zoom is the platform for online participation in this course. In order to join the course online, please check your device compatibility first.
What do I need in order to join the course online?
- Speakers, Microphone; Camera is possible, if you would like to be seen during the course
- A wired connection is strongly recommended.
- If your internet connection doesn´t work, you can join the course by telephone, using a dial-in number. In this case there might be additional telephone costs.
Minimum system requirements are as follows:
- Operating System: Windows 7 or later; Mac OS X 10.12 or later, Linux.
- Browser: The most recently-published versions of Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Safari, or Opera.
- High-speed internet: A consistent, high-speed connection is required. Mobile tethering, hotspots, slow or inconsistent public Wi-Fi networks may create latency when using video conferencing.
How do I join the course online?
- Choose the computer from which you would like to follow the course.
- Please install the zoom, if not done yet. Install here.
- Please test your microphone and camera in advance. For this, follow these instructions.
- Open the Zoom App, click on “Join a Meeeting”, enter your full name, so that we could recognise you, enter the ID and the Passcode, which we sent you, and wait in the waiting room, until our host will let you in.
- Alternatively, it is possible to use Zoom through browser or through skype for business. BUT! Some functions are not available in these versions, therefore we highly recommend using the downloaded App.
- Use your headset and camera.
FAQ for Online Participation
Why do I need to register before the course starts?
Thank you for registering! This not only helps us to communicate with you in regard to technical issues but it
helps you to network with your fellow course participants.
Will the course be recorded?
Please ask the responsible event manager.
Do I need a camera?
It is recommended to have a camera for more comfortable communication with the speakers and other participants.
Do I need a microphone?
Since this is an interactive course, yes.
Do I need to install anything?
Yes, you should install Zoom app here.
Can I ask questions during the course?
Yes, you can ask your questions live by using your microphone. You can speak to all participants at the same time as you may have experienced in Skype.
When can I enter the course I’m attending?
Please enter Zoom 10 minutes before start. Our host will let you in in due time.
May I leave the course and come back later?
Yes, just log in at a later time during the course.
May I access via Phone?
Yes, you can. Participating via phone means you can listen only.
Can’t find invitation?
Please check your spam-folder. You should also ask your colleague from the IT department to ‘whitelist’ us. For more details please ask the corresponding event manager, who will be happy to help you.
What are the detailed System requirements?
All requirements can be found here.
I failed the Audio Output System Test – what can I do?
If you are using headphones or external speakers, try unplugging them. Please unmute your device. Test your speakers here to find out if they work.
I would like to participate but I’m waiting for an approval. Can I order a ticket on the day of the course?
Sure. Please message firstname.lastname@example.org.
My email address has changed – can I still participate?
Sure. Please provide us with your updated email adress, you will then receive a new invitation.
How do I contact the host of the course?
email@example.com is happy to help you.