Former Managing Director in BGK (National Development Bank), responsible for Financial Instruments; Owner of MWS Consulting, Warsaw
Marek Szczepański has over 22 years of professional experience including over 19 years in the positions associated with the EU funds programming and distribution. His main area of expertise are EU financial instruments.
Currently he is independent consultant and advisor to one of the largest commercial banks playing the role of financial intermediary providing loans cofunded with EU resources. In years 2009-2015 he was Managing Director in Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego (the state-owned development bank), responsible for implementation of projects co-financed by EU funds under 2007-2013 programming period (incl. JEREMIE and JESSICA) with total value of approx. EUR 1bn.
In years 2007-2009 Marek was CEO at PSDB Ltd., a consulting company specializing in advisory services, evaluations and trainings in EU funds’ area.
In years 2003-2005 he was the Undersecretary of State in the Ministry of Economy and Labour. He was responsible for supervision of several EU operational programmes 2004-2006.
He also worked in the Ministry of Labour and Social Policy and Polish Agency for Enterprise Development as director of units responsible for EU funds.
Author of several reports and articles on financial instruments. Experienced trainer and lecturer in the area of EU funds.
Past Events with Marek Szczepański:
- Fundamentals of Financial Instruments | 03.12.2019 – 04.12.2019 | Prague
- EU Financial Instruments: Equity, Quasi-Equity, Loans and Guarantees | 07.11.2019 – 08.11.2019 | Milan
- Master Class on Financial Instruments | 19.09.2019 – 20.09.2019 | Rome
- How to Use Financial Instruments Effectively | 19.06.2019 – 21.06.2019 | Lake Como
- How to Implement Compliant Financial Instruments (FIs) in 2014-2020 and Beyond | 14.03.2019 – 15.03.2019 | Nice
- Essentials of Financial Instruments | 03.12.2018 – 04.12.2018 | London
- EU Financial Instruments: Equity, Quasi-Equity, Loans and Guarantees | 12.11.2018 – 13.11.2018 | Barcelona
- How to Use Financial Instruments Effectively – Key Features and Practical Advice | 25.06.2018 – 27.06.2018 | Rome
Publications of Marek Szczepański:
- This speaker is an expert in topics covered by EStIF – European Structural and Investment Funds Journal.