Workshop | Day 1
The intensive workshop on the first day, which takes place under the chair of Michael Schütte, will give participants a profound insight into currently debated State aid issues. The focus will be on two specific topics, which will be explored and discussed in a small group, thus giving sufficient room for interaction, lively debates and your individual questions.
Following topics are on the agenda:
- Issues of Advantages to Undertakings
- Research, Development & Innovation and State aid
Conference | Day 2
At the conference you can update your State aid knowledge and discuss recent decisions, judgments and developments with our renowned experts from the EU Courts, the European Commission, academia and private legal practice.
Interactive panel discussions and Q&A sessions leave time for exchange and discussion with colleagues from different EU Member States – use the great networking opportunity!
Chairs: Antonios Bouchagiar (Member of the Legal Service, European Commission) and Michael Honoré (Partner at Honoré & Fallesen Advokatfirma, Copenhagen)
Following topics are on the agenda:
- The Hinkley judgment of the Grand Chamber and other recent Case law
- Recent Developments in Tax and State Aid (Apple, Fiat and Starbaucks Cases)
- State Aid and Transport: Covid and Beyond (Ryanair / Lufthansa)
Who should participate?
- Private legal practitioners
- Representatives from public authorities on national, regional and local level
- Representatives from public and private banks
- Industry representatives and in-house counsels dealing with State aid law
Benefits of Attending
- Join the leading State aid Community to discuss latest developments in European State aid control with acknowledged practitioners
- Participate in various expert panel discussions
- Q&A sessions via the conference software
- Interact with leading experts from the European Commission, EU Courts, national authorities, private legal practitioners, academics and industry representatives
Workshop and Conference Material – No need to miss anything!
If you are unable to make it to the workshop and/or conference you may want to order a copy of the printed material including the access data to all presentations shown during the events. The price is € 199,- (each, excl. of VAT).
If interested, please contact August Andreae
Platform in use
The EStALI workshop on 23 November will be held on Zoom, the EStALI conference on 24 November will be held on Bigmarker.
- Workshop: Download the Zoom client. Joining via browser is possible, see tutorial.
- Conference: Bigmarker is fully browser-based. Please check your device compatibility in advance.
Access information for the workshop and conference will be provided by e-mail days in advance.
What do you need in order to join the online conference?
- Speakers, e.g. headphones or headset.
- A wired connection is strongly recommended.
- If your internet connection does not work, you can join the conference by telephone, using a dial-in number. In this case there might be additional telephone costs.
How to join the online conference?
- Choose the computer from which you would like to follow the conference.
- Bigmarker: Please check your device compatibility. Upon receiving the access information, please register by clicking the the provided the link.
- Zoom: Download the Zoom client. Joining via browser is possible, see tutorial.
- 15 minutes before start of event: Have your speakers and microphone ready, click the inviation link provided, enter and enjoy the event!
Minimum system requirements:
- Updated browser: Most recently-published versions of Chrome or Firefox.
- Updated Zoom client: Latest version of Zoom client is recommended.
- High-speed internet: A consistent, high-speed connection is required. Mobile tethering, hotspots, slow or inconsistent public Wi-Fi networks may create latency.
- Further system requirements:
- Bigmarker: Please click here.
- Zoom: Please click here.
Why do I need to register before the online conference starts?
Thank you for registering! This not only helps us to communicate with you in regard to technical issues but it helps you to network with your fellow participants.
Why can’t I see the presenter?
Please check your bandwith. We highly recommend a strong bandwith of 10 Mbps.
Will the online conference be recorded?
Yes, it will be recorded.
Do I need a microphone?
No, it is not necessary. Although we recommend using a microphone.
Do I need to install anything?
No. We expect you to have a browser.
Can I ask questions during the live conference?
Yes, there will be a chat option available.
When can I enter the online conference I’m attending?
15 minutes before the start. After passing the system check, you will enter the waiting room.
May I leave the online conference and come back later?
Yes, just log in at a later time during the conference.
May I access via Phone?
Yes, you can. Participating via phone means you can listen only. Please keep in mind that you will be dialling a US number which could result in higher telephone costs.
I can’t find the access information?
Please check your spam-folder first. If you cannot find it, please contact August Andreae.
I failed the Firewall System Check – what can I do? (Bigmarker)
Please contact your IT department and have them open the necessary ports, which can be found here.
What are the detailed System requirements?
- Bigmarker: All requirements can be found here.
- Zoom: All requirements can be found here.
I failed the Audio Output System Test – what can I do?
If you are using headphones or external speakers, try unplugging them. Please unmute your device. Test your speakers here.
I would like to participate but I’m waiting for an approval. Can I order a ticket on the day of the online conference?
Yes, you are welcome to register on the day of the conference. Please contact August Andreae.
My email address has changed – can I still participate?
Of course, please contact August Andreae.
How do I contact the host of the online conference?
Feel free to contact August Andreae anytime.