- Publication frequency quarterly
- approx. 100 pages
- ISSN 1619-5272
- Language: English
EStAL 1/2022 – The Evolving World of EU State Aid Law
Issue 1/2022 of the European State Aid Law Quarterly (EStAL) is now available! The Articles section offers analysis on the following topics: an overview of the Commission’s new Notice on the enforcement of State aid rules before national courts; the delicate balancing act of fostering tech sovereignty with a level playing field on State aid and foreign subsidies, with a focus on semiconductors (microchips); the evolving interpretation of Article 107(3)(b) TFEU in the case law of the EU courts; exploring the need to rethink the concept of ‘interested party’ in the context of a dynamic global environment; the legitimacy issues of EU soft law in the field of State aid and possible procedural ways to improve them. In anticipation of the 2nd edition of the book Milestones in State Aid, coming out in May 2022, we offer another sneak peek by featuring two articles based on book chapters: an analysis and contextualisation of the landmark judgments in the Spanish Goodwill saga (material selectivity) and Tempus (pre-notification period and its impact).
Read annotations on:
- Case C-638/19 P Commission v European Food SA and Others (‘Micula’)
- Case ECS-10/18 Secretariat of the Energy Community v Bosnia and Herzegovina
In the News from the Member States section, you can find reports on:
- Baltic States: Strategies in Regional Aid Maps for 2022 – 2027
- Bulgaria: Update in the COVID-Related ‘60/40’ Measure for Employers
- EEA and EFTA States: Recent Decisions by the EFTA Surveillance Authority
- Germany: Public or Concession Contracts as State Aid?
- Italy: First Report on the National Recovery and Resilience Plan
- Spain: 2021 Annual Report of the Spanish Competition Authority
View all articles of EStAL 1/2022 here.
Become an author for EStAL and view our Call for Papers.
Call for Case Notes
The editorial team of EStAL welcomes case note submission on the following judgments:
- Judgment of the General Court (Eighth Chamber, Extended Composition) of 23 September 2020, Joined Cases T-515 and 719/13 RENV Spanish Tax Lease
- Judgment of the Court (Tenth Chamber) of 24 September 2020, Case C-516/19 NMI Technologietransfer