Managing Authorities and Intermediate Bodies have to conduct administrative and on-the-spot verifications in order to ensure efficient and reliable first level control procedure. Some of the requirements of both overlapping programming periods can be challenging for the involved authorities. Eligibility of expenditures, compliance with complex State aid and public procurement rules, Simplified Cost Options have to be considered. The obligations, related to the Assurance Package, such as drawing up, certifying and submitting payment applications and annual accounts to the EC, also still raise a number of questions for first level controllers. Furthermore, Managing Authorities, Responsible Authorities, Intermediate Bodies, Delegated Authorities and Certifying Authorities have to be aware of the audit requirements in order to be best prepared for audit visits.
The day-to-day obligation of Audit Authorities is to conduct audit on operations, audit on projects, audit on payment claims. This can cause difficulties, such as choosing the right sampling method, handling of error rates, ex-ante checks of Simplified Cost Options and audit of State aid and public procurement. Audit Authorities also have to meet the requirements and assessment criteria in system audits and audit of accounts.
Irregularities and fraud at any stage of these processes can lead to repayments and financial corrections. To avoid these financial losses, national authorities have to implement stronger financial controls and carry out the respective verifications and audits very carefully.
The 3-day Interactive Hybrid Course focuses on the following topics:
- Financial management and control system of EU Funds 2014-2020 versus 2021-2027
- ESIF for emergency measures – Status quo
- Main changes for Managing Authorities and Intermediate Bodies in 2021-2027 ((EU) 2021/1060 )
- Management verifications and on-the-spot verifications
- Practical discussions in small groups in breakout rooms: Verification of Simplified Cost Options, verification of State aid and Public Procurement, verification of eligibility of expenditures, sampling
- Main changes and challenges for Audit Authorities in 2021-2027
- Audit findings in system audits and in audit of operations
- Audit of Simplified Cost Options, Audit findings in State aid and Public Procurement
- Management of and most common errors and irregularities in ESI Funds, including group work in breakout rooms
- Combatting fraud and corruption in ESI Funds
- Preparing for closure 2014-2020
Who should participate?
- Representatives from public authorities dealing with different aspects of financial management and control of ESI Funds, especially from:
- Managing Authorities
- Responsible Authorities
- Intermediate Bodies
- Delegated Authorities
- Certifying Authorities
- Audit Authorities
- ESI Funds experts from regional and local authorities and experts involved in ETC Programmes
- Auditors controlling and auditing ESI Funds programmes and projects
- Experts from EU, national and regional Court of Auditors
- Experts from Institutions involved in implementation of ESI funds
- Consultants and lawyers specialised in ESI Funds
- Beneficiaries of EU funded projects
The three-day intensive course offers the possibility to meet with experts from EU institutions, Member States as well as the private sector. The different perspectives of our experienced trainers will support you in applying complex rules to your practical day-to-day work. To achieve the best results, a mix of learning methods will be applied in the course.
Our approach combines the three stages of learning to ensure that the participants obtain the best possible understanding of the applied rules:
1) Identification of the main rules and principles,
2) Appreciation of the complexities and limitation of the principles,
3) Application of the rules and principles.
The participants will be actively involved in the course. The sessions will combine presentations, case studies and discussion on practical problems. You will have ample opportunity to present your own issues and discuss them with the speakers and participants from other Member States.
Just send to us your cases and questions in advance! We will forward them to our speakers, who will include your issues in the programme and answer them during the course. All information concerning such problems and cases will be treated confidentially.
The hybrid course by Lexxion Publisher is a new combined event format, which takes place in parallel: face-to-face and online. This new event format offers participants and speakers the opportunity to attend the event live on site or online, depending on the current situation, which gives additional flexibility. Our primary goal is to provide our online participants with the same high-quality experience as participants on-the-spot. For this, we place particular emphasis on interaction. This includes virtual networking during coffee breaks, active participation in discussions and the opportunity to ask questions via chat or microphone.
We take care of your wellbeing
- Regular cleaning of surfaces and sanitary facilities
- Sufficient ventilation of event room
- Recommended hand hygiene
- Possibility to keep distance between all speakers and participants
- Recommended mouth and nose protection
Course Material – No need to miss anything!
If you are unable to attend the course you may want to order all the presentations shown during the event. The price is € 299,- (excl. of VAT). If interested, please contact Julia Thiemann.
How to Join the Course Online
You will receive all information and a link to join the course via e-mail latest 1 day before the event.
If you have any questions in advance, please contact Julia Thiemann.