The Professional Certificate on European State Aid Law is awarded by Maastricht University and Lexxion Publisher and is assessed on the basis of academic quality and competence. This is a flexible programme which you can customise to your own professional needs.
In order to obtain the Professional Certificate on European State Aid Law, you have to satisfy two requirements:
- Participate in three professional seminars organised by Lexxion Publisher:
To be awarded the Professional Certificate on European State Aid Law you need to successfully complete the following three modules within a two-year period. A two-year period starts from a date when the first course begins.
- Module 1 (Foundation): Standard Course on the Concepts of State Aid
Our standard courses will give you a comprehensive overview of the essential State aid regulations and provide you with a practical ‚toolbox‘ for assessment of State aid and design of public measures compatible with the internal market.
- Module 2 (Expert): Master Class ‚State Aid Uncovered‘
The Master Class is intended for officials with previous experience in State aid. The aim of the Master Class is, first, to examine recent developments in the case law, presupposing that participants are already familiar with basic concepts, and, second, to identify solutions to problems brought by participants themselves.
- Module 3 (Specialisation): One Specialist or Sectoral Seminar of Your Choice
The sectoral seminars focus on one of the following issues or areas: agriculture, transport, structural funds, financial instruments, environment and energy, services of general economic interest, fiscal aid and evaluation of State aid. Seminars on other specialist issues may also be organised depending on developments in the field.
2. Write a thesis of about 10,000 words that will apply State aid rules to a case or problem you encounter in your own country or professional life. The thesis will be evaluated by Professor Phedon Nicolaides from Maastricht University. Candidates will be encouraged to focus their theses on actual national issues, problems or challenges and propose possible solutions.
1. The normal participation fee for each of the professional seminars by Lexxion (Modules 1-3)
2. An administrative fee of 1000,– EUR to cover the thesis supervision and assessment and documentation costs (excl. VAT)
- Interactive Online Course on State Aid for Research, Development and Innovation Projects (R&D&I)
- Online Summer Course: State Aid – Concept, Principles, Exemptions & Guidelines
- Online Master Class – “State Aid Uncovered” with Prof. Dr. Phedon Nicolaides
- Interacrtive Online Workshop: State Aid Practice in ESIF Programme and Project Management
- Winter Master Class – “State Aid Uncovered” with Prof. Dr. Phedon Nicolaides | Master Class in Lisbon