- Erscheinungsweise vierteljährlich
- ca. 100 Seiten
- ISSN 2364-2831
- Sprache: englisch
Issue 3/2019 – A Cornucopia of Data Protection Insights
The latest EDPL issue is out! Its impressive volume and diversity illustrates how active the world of data protection is these days. You can read the opinions of Aaron Fluitt et al and Dara Hallinan on the regulation of non-personal and aggregated data. In the articles section, leading experts explore the recent trends in the case law of the Court of Justice, assess the legal and ethical impact of data reuse, suggest ways to regulate Big Data in the post-GDPR era, use privacy icons to visualise data processing, and discuss the challenges of the Law Enforcement Directive.
The practical reports section brings you up-to-speed with the latest developments in:
- EU: Eurojust’s Judicial Counter Terrorism Register
- GDPR Implementation Series: Cyprus ∙ Germany Revisited
- Greece: Facebook Messages and Photos as Evidence
- India: Analysis of Data Protection Laws
- Practitioner’s Corner: Data Erasure ∙ GDPR and Blockchains – Compliance Approach and 5 Ways to Compliant Use
Four annotations of important cases of the CJEU, General Court and US Supreme Court:
- C-673/17 Planet49
- C-136/17 GC and Others v CNIL
- T-639/15 to T-666/15 Maria Psara and Others v Parliament and T-94/16 Gavin Sheridan v Parliament
- US Census 2020
As the main media partner of the 41st International Conference of Data Protection and Privacy Commissioners, EDPL is featuring interviews with renowned commissioners from around the world.
Interview with Alexandre Entraygues, Novartis Privacy Head (EU): Interview Alexandre Entraygues (pdf)
Data Protection Insider
EDPL invites young researchers at the beginning of their academic career (Master or PhD students) to submit articles based on their thesis for the 4th annual EDPL Young Scholars Award.
Please check out our Call for Papers: Young Scholar Award 2019