This 3-day Spring Course will give you a comprehensive overview of the essential State aid regulations and provide you with a practical „toolbox“ for assessment of State aid and design of public measures compatible with the Internal Market. Each day, the experts‘ presentations will be enriched by working group exercises, best practices examples and interactive case studies.
The Lexxion Training Method combines the three stages of learning to ensure that the participants obtain the best possible understanding of EU rules:
1) Identification of the main points or principles;
2) Appreciation of the complexities and limitation of the principles, and
3) Application of the principles.
The participants will be actively involved in the course. The sessions will combine presentations, case studies and discussion on practical problems. You will have ample opportunities to present your own problematic issues and discuss them with the speakers and participants from other Member States.
Just send to us your cases and questions in advance! We will forward them to our speakers, who will include your issues in the programme and answer them during the training. All information concerning such problems and cases will be treated confidentially.
Why should you participate?
- Become familiar with the concept and principles of State aid
- Learn how to determine whether a measure contains State aid
- Learn how to assess the existence of State aid and its compatibility with the internal market
- Receive a detailed insight into the most important State aid exemptions (GBER and de minimis) and learn how to apply them
- Become acquainted with the State procedures concerning the notification procedure and recovery of unlawful aid
- Increase your knowledge on the main horizontal guidelines: Regional Aid, R&D&I, Energy & Environment
- Learn how to apply the Commission’s SGEI Package and what are the critical issues in designing of Altmark-compliant measures
- Apply your updated knowledge in various practical cases and group exercises
- Analyse your problems and discuss your questions with experts from public and private practice
- Exchange with State aid experts from many different Member States and enjoy networking in various social evening activities
Who should participate?
– Public officials from:
- Ministries and other national authorities
- National Competition Authorities
- State Aid Monitoring Offices
- Courts of Auditors
- Regional governments
- Communal and City councils
- National and Regional Development Agencies
involved in granting State aid in sectors such as:
- Transport and infrastructure
- Environment and Energy
- Telecommunication and Broadband
- Social services and health
- Research, Development & Innovation’
– ESI funds experts from:
- Institutions coordinating the national strategies for Structural Funds
- Managing, Certifying and Audit Authorities, Intermediate bodies
- Bodies implementing EU funded projects
– Lawyers and consultants
– Experts from Public and private banks
Course Material – No need to miss anything!
If you are unable to make it to the Spring Course you may want to order a copy of the printed material including the access data to all presentations shown during the events. The price is € 299,- (each, excl. of VAT).
If interested, please contact Gaël Langosch.