- Publication frequency quarterly
- approx. 100 pages
- ISSN 1619-5272
- Language: English
EStAL 2/2021 – Foreign Subsidies Regulation, Ryanair’s Litigation and More
Issue 2/2021 of the European State Aid Law Quarterly (EStAL) is now available and packed with an impressive variety of topics. From analysing the big picture developments to fine-tuning the details in State aid law application in the EU – EStAL 2/2021 offers a comprehensive update for the State aid experts. Read articles on: the Foreign Subsidies Regulation, the differences in State aid allocations between old and new Member States, what is truly environmental aid in the context of the Green Deal, the Commission’s case practice regarding the net avoided cost methodology, the application of State aid in social security schemes, and a review of Ryanair’s litigation against approved COVID-19 aid measures.
Annotations on the following cases:
- Cases T-238/20 and T-259/20 Ryanair v Commission
- Case C-456/18 P Hungary v Commission
- Joined Cases T-778/16 and T-892/16 Ireland and Others v European Commission
- Case T-732/16 Valencia Club de Fútbol
- Joined Cases C-431/19 P and C-432/19 P Inpost
News from the Member States:
- Belgium: Ghent Court Seeks Assistance from the Commission
- Bulgaria: Modification of COVID-19 Employment Support Scheme
- EEA and EFTA States: Latest EFTA Surveillance Authority Decisions
- Finland: Health and Social Services Reform
- Greece: Between Business and COVID-19 Reality
- Italy: The Sostegni-bis Decree
- The Netherlands: Local Authorities, State aid and National Procedures
- Poland: Poznan Court Judgment on Entrepreneurs Producing Electricity
- Spain: Depopulated Areas and the New Commission Guidelines on Regional Aid
Also in EStAL 2/2021 – a book review of The Modernisation of State Aid for Economic and Social Development.
View all articles of EStAL 2/21 here.
Become an author for EStAL and view our Call for Papers.
PhD Award 2021 – Extended Submission Deadline – 15 July 2021 –
The European State Aid Law Quarterly (EStAL) cordially invites recent PhD graduates to submit articles based on their thesis, defended between 1 January 2017 and 1 June 2021! See further information in the full Call for Papers.
Call for Case Notes
The editorial team of EStAL welcomes case note submission on the following judgments:
- Judgment of the Court (Sixth Chamber) of 12 March 2020, Case C-576/18 Commission v Italy
- Judgment of the General Court (Fourth Chamber) of 12 March 2020, Case T-901/16 Elche Club de Fútbol
- Judgment of the General Court (Eighth Chamber, Extended Composition) of 23 September 2020, Joined Cases T-515 and 719/13 RENV Spanish Tax Lease
- Judgment of the Court (Tenth Chamber) of 24 September 2020, Case C-516/19 NMI Technologietransfer
- Judgment of the Court (First Chamber) of 21 October 2020, Case C-556/19 Eco TLC
- Judgment of the Court (Eighth Chamber) of 28 October 2020, Case C-608/19 INAIL v Zennaro
- Judgment of the Court (Second Chamber) of 10 December 2020, Case C-160/19 P Comune di Milano v Commission
- Opinion of AG – Cases C-50/19P and C-51/19P – Goodwill