Fabiano de Andrade Correa
Lead Counsel, Centre for International Sustainable Development Law (CISDL), Peace, Justice and Governance Programmes
Fabiano de Andrade Correa is a lawyer and legal specialist in ‘sustainable development’ law and policy, with experience across the public, private and international sectors. Since 2012, Fabiano works as international consultant with different international organizations, with a particular focus in the areas of climate change, biodiversity, environmental law and policy, land, human rights, trade and responsible investments. In addition, Fabiano engages in different initiatives:
• Member of the IUCN World Commission on Environmental Law (WCEL)’s Climate Change Specialists Group, coordinating a working group focused on legal and policy options to achieve “net-zero” GHG emissions in the “AFOLU” sector;
• Lead Counsel, Centre for International Sustainable Development Law (CISDL), Peace, Justice and Governance Programmes;
• Director of Legal Research with the Blockchain and Climate Institute (BCI), an innovative think tank focused on the promotion of emerging technologies to enhance climate action and sustainability;
• Member of the ILA (alternate representative of Brazil in the Committee on the Sustainable Use of Natural Resources), having actively contributed to the development of the newly adopted 2020 “ILA Guidelines on the Role of International Law in Sustainable Natural Resources for Development”;
• Volunteer with Legal Response International (LRI) to provide ad-hoc assistance to developing country representatives in the context of climate negotiations and related domestic issues;
• Member and coordinator of a working group on agriculture with LACLIMA (an active network of climate lawyers in Brazil).
• Guest lecturer in different universities in Brazil and in Italy; qualified lawyer (Brazilian Bar Association), with previous experience in corporate law practice.
Fabiano holds a Ph.D / LL.M. (EUI, Italy); Master in Diplomacy and International Relations (Diplomatic School of Madrid / Universidad Complutense) LL.B (Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil).