The State aid legal framework has considerably changed in the last years offering additional possibilities to ensure compatibility of State aid. As a result, one of the main challenges of ESIF managers is to ensure that expenditures are spent in compliance with EU and national State aid rules. Our interactive practical course offers you the possibility to meet and exchange with experts from EU institutions, Member States as well as the private sector. The different perspectives of our experienced trainers will support to apply the complex rules to real cases. A mix of learning methods will be applied in the course to achieve the best results.
This two-day course focuses on the following topics:
- Concept of State Aid and Notification
- Interdependence of State Aid and ESI Funds
- Practical Exercises on how to Access if your Measure Constitutes State Aid or Not
- State Aid Exemptions: De minimis, GBER, SGEI
- GBER and its Application to ESIF
- Regional Aid
- Financing Infrastructure in Compliance with State Aid Rules
- State Aid for Financial Instruments and Risk Finance
- ESF Working Groups
- ERDF Working Groups
Who should participate?
- Experts on ERDF, ESF, CF, EAFRD and EMFF implementing the running Operational Programme and working on the programmes for the programming period 2014 – 2020 in Managing Authorities, Intermediate Bodies, Certifying Authorities, Audit Authorities
- EU funds experts responsible for the assessment of the funding scheme containing State aid from public authorities such as National ministries implementing and managing Structural Funds, Regional and local governments, City councils, National and Regional Development Agencies, Research institutes
- Beneficiaries of Structural Funds, in particular from sectors such as Infrastructure, Transport, Research & Development, Urban Development, Environment, Training, Services of General Economic Interest
- State aid experts from State Aid Monitoring Offices; Ministries of Regional Development, Economy, Infrastructure, Transport, Environment, Agriculture, Research, Finance and Social Services; Regional governments, communities and city councils acting as granting authorities; Lawyers and consultants specialised in public affairs
The Lexxion Training Method combines the three stages of learning to ensure that the participants obtain the best possible understanding of EU rules:
1) Identification of the main points or principles;
2) Appreciation of the complexities and limitation of the principles, and
3) Application of the principles.
The participants will be actively involved in the course. The sessions will combine presentations, case studies and discussion on practical problems. You will have ample opportunities to present your own problematic issues and discuss them with the speakers and participants from other Member States.
Just send to us your cases and questions in advance! We will forward them to our speakers, who will include your issues in the programme and answer them during the training. All information concerning such problems and cases will be treated confidentially.
Participants will receive extensive materials:
All presentations shown during the course (inclusive online access to all presentations after it) Selection of corresponding journals published by Lexxion Confirmations of participation.
Course Material – No need to miss anything!
If you are unable to make it to the practical course, you may want to order a copy of the printed material including the access data to all presentations shown during the events. The price is € 299,- (each, excl. of VAT).
If interested, please contact Zrinka Mozara.