Implementation and control of Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund (AMIF), Internal Security Fund (ISF) and Border Management and Visa Instrument (BMVI) creates a lot of challenges for Responsible Authorities, Delegated Authorities and Audit Authorities, who are in charge of migration, asylum and internal security. We are happy to present the following topics on the agenda:
- Common provision regulation ((EU) 2021/1060)
- Management and control requirements for AMIF/ISF/BMVI in 2014-2020 versus 2021-2027
- Planning and conducting open calls – what will be different in 2021-2027 in comparison to 2014-2020
- Selection of projects: mechanisms, criteria and appraisal aspects
- Indicators, monitoring and evaluation
- How to set up Simplified Cost Models for Migration and Security Funds
- How to make management verifications of AMIF/ISF/BMVI more effective
- Verification of Public Procurement under security conditions
- Verification of State aid
- Verification of Simplified Cost Options
- What are the key requirements for system audit, audit of expenditures and audit of accounts
- How to conduct on-the-spot audits of Migration and Security Funds projects – practical examples
- How to ensure appropriate record-keeping and appropriate audit trail under conditions of security aspects
- How to audit public procurement and State aid in AMIF/IST/BMVI
- How to audit Simplified Cost Options
- Audit of AMIF/ISF/BMVI by the European Court of Auditors
- How to detect and manage errors and irregularities, concerning lack of access to the documentation (because of security aspects)
- How to combat fraud and corruption
We look forward to welcoming you to this Comprehensive Course!
Who should participate?
- Representatives from public authorities in charge of financial management, control and audit of Migration and Security Funds (AMIF, ISF and BMVI), especially from:
- Ministry of Interior
- Ministry of Migration
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Ministry of Refugees, Immigration and Integration Affairs
- Ministry of Justice
- Ministry of Finance
- Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs
- Police authorities such as:
- Border Police
- Border Guards
- National and Regional Police Forces
- Border Control Agencies
- ESI Funds experts from regional and local authorities
- Auditors controlling and auditing AMIF, ISF and BMVI programmes and projects
- Experts from EU, national and regional Courts of Auditors
- Experts from institutions involved in the implementation of AMIF, ISF and BMVI
- Consultants and lawyers specialised on AMIF, ISF and BMVI
- Beneficiaries of AMIF, ISF and BMVI
The three-day intensive course offers the possibility to meet with experts from EU institutions, Member States as well as the private sector. The different perspectives of our experienced trainers will support you in applying complex rules to your practical day-to-day work. To achieve the best results, a mix of learning methods will be applied in the course.
Our approach combines the three stages of learning to ensure that the participants obtain the best possible understanding of the applied rules:
1) Identification of the main rules and principles,
2) Appreciation of the complexities and limitation of the principles,
3) Application of the rules and principles.
The participants will be actively involved in the course. The sessions will combine presentations, case studies and discussion on practical problems. You will have ample opportunity to present your own issues and discuss them with the speakers and participants from other Member States.
Just send to us your cases and questions in advance! We will forward them to our speakers, who will include your issues in the programme and answer them during the course. All information concerning such problems and cases will be treated confidentially.
The hybrid course by Lexxion Publisher is a new combined event format, which takes place in parallel: face-to-face and online. This new event format offers participants and speakers the opportunity to attend the event live on site or online, depending on the current situation, which gives additional flexibility. Our primary goal is to provide our online participants with the same high-quality experience as participants on-the-spot. For this, we place particular emphasis on interaction. This includes virtual networking during coffee breaks, active participation in discussions and the opportunity to ask questions via chat or microphone.
We take care of your wellbeing
- Regular cleaning of surfaces and sanitary facilities
- Sufficient ventilation of event room
- Recommended hand hygiene
- Possibility to keep distance between all speakers and participants
- Recommended mouth and nose protection
Course Material – No need to miss anything!
If you are unable to attend the course you may want to order all the presentations shown during the event. The price is € 299,- (excl. of VAT). If interested, please contact Julia Thiemann.
How to Join the Course Online
Zoom is the platform for online participation in this course. In order to join the course online, please check your device compatibility first.
What do I need in order to join the course online?
- Speakers, Microphone; Camera is possible, if you would like to be seen during the course
- A wired connection is strongly recommended.
- If your internet connection doesn´t work, you can join the course by telephone, using a dial-in number. In this case there might be additional telephone costs.
Minimum system requirements are as follows:
- Operating System: Windows 7 or later; Mac OS X 10.12 or later, Linux.
- Browser: The most recently-published versions of Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Safari, or Opera.
- High-speed internet: A consistent, high-speed connection is required. Mobile tethering, hotspots, slow or inconsistent public Wi-Fi networks may create latency when using video conferencing.
How do I join the course online?
- Choose the computer from which you would like to follow the course.
- Please install the zoom, if not done yet. Install here.
- Please test your microphone and camera in advance. For this, follow these instructions.
- Open the Zoom App, click on “Join a Meeeting”, enter your full name, so that we could recognise you, enter the ID and the Passcode, which we sent you, and wait in the waiting room, until our host will let you in.
- Alternatively, it is possible to use Zoom through browser or through skype for business. BUT! Some functions are not available in these versions, therefore we highly recommend using the downloaded App.
- Use your headset and camera.
FAQ for Online Participation
Why do I need to register before the course starts?
Thank you for registering! This not only helps us to communicate with you in regard to technical issues but it
helps you to network with your fellow course participants.
Will the course be recorded?
Please ask the responsible event manager.
Do I need a camera?
It is recommended to have a camera for more comfortable communication with the speakers and other participants.
Do I need a microphone?
Since this is an interactive course, yes.
Do I need to install anything?
Yes, you should install Zoom app here.
Can I ask questions during the course?
Yes, you can ask your questions live by using your microphone. You can speak to all participants at the same time as you may have experienced in Skype.
When can I enter the course I’m attending?
Please enter Zoom 10 minutes before start. Our host will let you in in due time.
May I leave the course and come back later?
Yes, just log in at a later time during the course.
May I access via Phone?
Yes, you can. Participating via phone means you can listen only.
Can’t find invitation?
Please check your spam-folder. You should also ask your colleague from the IT department to ‘whitelist’ us. For more details please ask the corresponding event manager, who will be happy to help you.
What are the detailed System requirements?
All requirements can be found here.
I failed the Audio Output System Test – what can I do?
If you are using headphones or external speakers, try unplugging them. Please unmute your device. Test your speakers here to find out if they work.
I would like to participate but I’m waiting for an approval. Can I order a ticket on the day of the course?
Sure. Please message firstname.lastname@example.org.
My email address has changed – can I still participate?
Sure. Please provide us with your updated email adress, you will then receive a new invitation.
How do I contact the host of the course?
email@example.com is happy to help you.