The two-day interactive online course focuses on:
- Why and how to use Simplified Cost Options
- Calculation methods for Simplified Cost Options & practical exercises
- Implementing Simplified Cost Options: considerations for managing authorities & beneficiaries
- Best practice and recommendations for a successful use of Simplified Cost Models in Operational Programmes
- Interactive session: Planning the activities for upcoming months in your Member State/Operational Programme
- Setting up Simplified Cost Models in ERDF projects
- Verification of Simplified Cost Options
- Audit of Simplified Cost Options & considerations for Audit Authorities
Who should participate?
- Representatives from public authorities in charge of financial management, control and audit, especially from
- Managing Authorities
- Certifying Authorities
- Audit Authorities
- Intermediate Bodies
- Regional and local authorities
- Court of Auditors
- Beneficiaries of EU funded projects, i.e.: Private and public companies, associations, research institutes
- Bodies working in European Territorial Cooperation
- Public and private banks and other financial intermediaries
- International, national and local associations and networks
- Consultants and lawyers
An interactive online course by Lexxion Publisher combines presentations, cases studies and discussions on practical problems. All speakers present live via video and audio. Participants are actively involved in the online courses. By offering our participants the possibility to use their microphones and cameras during the whole course, we aim to recreate the atmosphere of a face-to-face Lexxion course. We encourage our participants to ask questions in real time and to take part in live discussions with speakers and other participants. Additionally, we offer breakout sessions, as part of this format, where participants work in smaller groups on real-life cases and exercises. During these exercises, participants have the technical possibility to see other group members and talk to them (using microphone and camera). There are ample opportunities for the participants to present their own problematic issues, discuss and solve them with the speakers and participants from other Member States.
The interactive online course materials are available for download before and after the event.
Upon request participants receive a certificate of participation.
What participants of previous workshops on Simplified Cost Options say:
“New programming period and new approach, combined with structural changes for most of Managing Authorities – It is obligatory to learn about SCOs”
“Fantastic course! You cover everything.”
“The professional scale that has been established by Lexxion is extremly high.”
“It’s my second training in Lexxion for this year and I can say that they are very professional, with good and experienced speakers and important topics in the seminars. Thank you!”
“You are on the good way to solve my problems, which appear in my job everyday!”
“Thank you for this opportunity to listen to such highly qualified experts! Different points of view – precious.”
“Very useful and helpful. Very good presentation of the core issues, wonderful speakers.”
“The SCO workshop was very informative and helpful and the speakers shared their contacts for further questions, if there will be any, which I consider the added value to the workshop and I am thankful that I was a participant.”
Zoom is our interactive online course platform. In order to join our online course, please check your device compatibility first.
What do you need in order to join the online course?
- Speakers, Microphone; Camera is possible, if you would like to be seen during the course
- A wired connection is strongly recommended.
- If your internet connection doesn´t work, you can join the course by telephone, using a dial-in number. In this case there might be additional telephone costs.
How to join the online course?
- Choose the computer from which you would like to follow the online course.
- Please test your microphone and camera in advance. For this please install zoom and follow these instructions
- In order to join the live online course, please open the URL link, which you receive from us. Please install the zoom, if not done yet
- Click on “Join a Meeeting”, enter your full name, so that we could recognize you, and wait in the waiting room, until our host will let you in
- Use your headset and camera
Minimum system requirements are as follows:
- Operating System: Windows 7 or later; Mac OS X 10.12 or later, Linux.
- Browser: The most recently-published versions of Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Safari, or Opera.
- High-speed internet: A consistent, high-speed connection is required. Mobile tethering, hotspots, slow or inconsistent public Wi-Fi networks may create latency when using video conferencing.
Why do I need to register before the online course starts?
Thank you for registering! This not only helps us to communicate with you in regard to technical issues but it
helps you to network with your fellow course participants.
Will the online course be recorded?
Please ask the responsible event manager.
Do I need a camera?
It is recommended to have a camera for more comfortable communication with the speakers and other participants.
Do I need a microphone?
Since this is an interactive online course, yes.
Do I need to install anything?
Yes, you should install Zoom app. Please click on the URL link, which you receive from us. It will automatically prompt to download the app.
Can I ask questions during the online course?
Yes, you can ask your questions live by using your microphone. You can speak to all participants at the same time as you may have experienced in Skype.
When can I enter the online course I’m attending?
Please enter Zoom 10 minutes before start. Our host will let you in in due time.
May I leave the online course and come back later?
Yes, just log in at a later time during the online course.
May I access via Phone?
Yes, you can. Participating via phone means you can listen only.
Can’t find invitation?
Please check your spam-folder. You should also ask your colleague from the IT department to ‘whitelist’ us. For more details please ask the corresponding event manager, who will be happy to help you.
I failed the Firewall System Check – what can I do?
All requirements can be found here.
I failed the Audio Output System Test – what can I do?
If you are using headphones or external speakers, try unplugging them. Please unmute your device. Test your speakers here to find out if they work.
I would like to participate but I’m waiting for an approval. Can I order a ticket on the day of the online course?
Sure. Please message email@example.com. We need to have a separate testing before the start of the online course.
My email address has changed – can I still participate?
Sure. Please provide us with your updated email adress; you will then receive a new invitation.
How do I contact the host of the online course?
firstname.lastname@example.org is happy to help you.