The EU-UK Trade and Cooperation Agreement (TCA), which was signed on 30th of December 2020, aims among others to regulate the subsidy control regime in Great Britain after Brexit. Is this “new” subsidy control regime radically different from the “old” State aid one? What are the biggest challenges in applying the new rules, without having any further guidances or any case law? Do you know how to apply the four criteria to determine, if the measure is a subsidy at all? Do you know how to assess the six principles, described in the Article 3.4? Do you know how to wisely justify these principles in front of the court? How to apply it?
- Overview of the new rules on subsidy control
- Concept and principles of subsidy control
- How to assess if a subsidy is present in your scheme/project
- Subsidy control exemptions
- Specific rules for Services of Public Economic Interest (SPEIs)
- Prohibited subsidies and subsidies subject to conditions
- Applying the Common Principles in practice
- The Market Economy Investor Principle
- Improvement of the subsidy control system: Do we have the new legislation, as a result of the Consultation? How to apply it?
Who should participate?
- Representatives from public authorities on national, regional and local level, dealing with subsidy control
- Private legal practitioners, advising on subsidy control
- Representatives from public and private banks
- Industry representatives from UK and EU countries
A workshop by Lexxion Publisher offers the possibility to meet with experts from EU institutions, Member States as well as the private sector. The different perspectives of our experienced trainers will support you in applying complex rules to your practical day-to-day work. To achieve the best results, a mix of learning methods will be applied in the course.
Our approach combines the three stages of learning to ensure that the participants obtain the best possible understanding of the applied rules:
1) Identification of the main rules and principles,
2) Appreciation of the complexities and limitation of the principles,
3) Application of the rules and principles.
The participants will be actively involved in the course. The sessions will combine presentations, case studies and discussion on practical problems. You will have ample opportunity to present your own issues and discuss them with the speakers and participants from other Member States.
Just send to us your cases and questions in advance! We will forward them to our speakers, who will include your issues in the programme and answer them during the course. All information concerning such problems and cases will be treated confidentially.
Course materials are available for download after the event.
During the online course by Lexxion Publisher all speakers present live via video and audio. Participants are actively involved in the online courses. By offering our participants the possibility to use their microphones and cameras during the whole course, we aim to recreate the atmosphere of a face-to-face Lexxion course. We encourage our participants to ask questions in real time and to take part in live discussions with speakers and other participants. Additionally, we offer breakout sessions, as part of this format, where participants work in smaller groups on real-life cases and exercises. During these exercises, participants have the technical possibility to see other group members and talk to them (using microphone and camera). Moreover, we make use of different interactive features of the online platform, such as polls, multiple choice questions and quizzes. This way participants can test their knowledge on the topic, anonymously. There are ample opportunities for the participants to present their own problematic issues, discuss and solve them with the speakers and participants from other Member States.
Course Material – No need to miss anything!
If you are unable to attend the course you may want to order all the presentations shown during the event. The price is € 129,- (excl. of VAT). If interested, please contact Anya Zuschke.
How to Join the Course Online
You will receive all information and a link to join the course via e-mail latest 1 day before the event.
If you have any questions in advance, please contact August Andreae.