- Publication frequency quarterly
- approx. 100 pages
- ISSN 2364-2831
- Language: English
EdpL 2/2020 – Facial Recognition, Covid-19 and Other Developments
Issue 2/2020 of the European Data Protection Law Review (EDPL) is now available! It includes opinions on the controversial facial recognition technology, penned by Michael O’Flaherty (EU Agency for Fundamental Rights – FRA) and Lotte Houwing (digital rights NGO Bits of Freedom).
The articles section of EDPL 2/2020 offers in-depth analyses on variety of topics: on fundamental rights as a normative keystone of DPIA, on the threats and opportunities for GDPR Certification (ISO/IEC 27701), the right to explanation under the right of access to personal data, an appraisal of codes of conduct under the GDPR, and the international legal mechanisms to facilitate transnational trade in personal data.
In the reports section, covering national developments, in this edition you can find:
- EU (Covid-19 Updates): EDPB on processing personal data in the Covid-19 context and an overview of DPAs response to the pandemic
- GDPR Implementation Series: Croatia, Czech Republic
- Estonia: The digital nation
- Poland (Covid-19 Update): Government action against Covid-19 – ‘selfie app’ and location data
- Kosovo:Critical assessment of the data protection regime
Read also, three case notes on:
- Case C-708/18 TK: Use of video surveillance in apartment buildings
- Case C-746/18 H.K. v Prokuratuur (AG Opinion): Balancing crime investigation and data protection
- Case C-311/18 Data Protection Commissioner v Facebook Ireland Limited, Maximillian Schrems (AG Opinion): Standard contractual clauses and concerns about Privacy Shield
Issue 2/2020 wraps up with an insightful book review of La vie privée à l’heure de la société du numérique.
Become an Author for EDPL and view our Call for Papers
We cordially invite young researchers to submit articles based on their thesis.
Please use our Call for Papers: Young Scholars Award 2020
Data Protection Insider Sign up for the latest news on EU Data Protection.