The workshop covers all topics that you need to set up and implement a compliant Financial Instrument (FI) in 2014-2020 and beyond. It will give you a comprehensive overview on the legal basics and best practice. In addition participants receive information on monitoring, audit and control in FI and the re-use of resources allocated of FI.
The target of this practical two-day workshop is to offer space for staff from managing authorities, intermediate bodies and the financial institutions involved in the implementation of ESIF-funded financial instruments where they can exchange and discuss their experience and good practice and find guidance for future cooperation. Our advanced workshop will support a sound selection and remuneration of financial intermediaries in compliance with State aid, general block exemption regulation and public procurement rules. An additional focus lies on how to ensure a smooth cooperation between all bodies implementing FIs on different management levels, the challenges of good communication, continuous monitoring as well as of financial management and case studies of well implemented projects.
The participants will be actively involved in the workshop. The sessions will combine presentations, case studies and discussion on practical problems. You will have ample opportunities to present your own problematic issues and discuss them with the speakers and participants from other Member States.
Who should participate?
- Legal experts and risk managers from managing authorities in charge of financial instruments, e.g. from ministries of finance, economic affairs and regional development
- Experts from intermediate bodies responsible for set up and implementation of FIs
- Fund of Funds and Holding fund managers
- Staff from financial institutions or development agencies involved in FIs implementation
- Employees of national promotional banks (NPBs) co-financing projects and investment platforms
- ESIF Compliance officers
- Financial controllers and auditors
- Legal counsels and consultants advising managing authorities or financial intermediaries
Why should you participate?
- Increase your knowledge of the implementation and management of financial instruments, especially in relation to the cooperation with financial intermediaries
- Have a clear understanding when EU regulations have primacy and when national laws have to be applied
- Be aware of the compliance requirements with other law regimes such as State aid and public procurement rules
- Improve the design and implementation of funding agreements
- Get to know the business perspective on how to create a strong investment portfolio
- Benefit from another Member State’s implementation experience and learn good practices
- Have a platform to exchange ideas and challenges within their organisation and receive practical advice on current cases
Discuss your own cases and get answer to the questions arising in your daily practice: Just send to us your cases and questions in advance! We will forward them to our speakers, who will include your issues in the programme and answer them during the training. All information concerning such problems and cases will be treated confidentially.