✓ Join from wherever you are – high-quality content at your (home) office
✓ 90 minutes of content from our leading experts
✓ Three informative sessions about State Aid Law post Brexit
In the wake of the Coronavirus and with the UK Government poised to announce a wave of public funded initiatives, a strong understanding of State aid law is now more important than ever. In this interactive workshop, leading State aid experts Jonathan Branton, George Peretz QC and Alexander Rose will work through the current EU State aid rules as they apply in the post-Brexit UK and provide an informed view of future arrangements, including proposals for a UK State aid regime.
- Jonathan Branton, Partner, Head of Public Sector and EU Competition, DWF Law LLP, United Kingdom
- George Peretz QC, Monckton Chambers, UK
- Alexander Rose, Legal Director, DWF Law LLP, United Kingdom
State aid law today
- What is State aid law and why does compliance matter?
- Identifying whether State aid is present (and applying the test to examples);
- Key cases every practitioner should know about;
- Lawfully awarding State aid through block exemptions and the notification route; and
- Temporary measures to support businesses in wake of the Coronavirus.
The future of State aid law
- What are the UK and EU positions;
- What opportunities are there to improve subsidy control;
- The impact of the Northern Ireland Protocol.
View the whole programme: Programme