This course will help you prepare for the challenges of the upcoming programming period 2021 – 2027. The first day will be dedicated to the new regulations for writing operational programmes. On the second day, we will discuss most significant forthcoming changes in financial allocation and control.Share
Covering all EU regions, ESI Funds remain the most powerful investment tool of the European Union. Managed in close cooperation with the Member States, ESI Funds will continue to drive economic and social investments, now with a stronger emphasis on a smarter and greener, carbon-free Europe.
The new 2021 – 2027 programming period introduces some considerable changes in the financial allocation and control system of ESI Funds. Our experts will help you to understand how these novelties will affect your day – to – day work. Moreover, this course comes exactly at the right time when you are about to start working on your partnership agreements followed by writing your operational programmes. Our speakers will assist you to overcome possible challenges using their rich experience gained throughout previous years.
Day 1: Preparation for the 2021 – 2027 Programming Period
- Challenges in programming and lessons learnt from 2014 – 2020
- Programme structure and financial allocations
- Workshop: Successful preparation of a draft operational programme from a Managing Authority’s point of view
- Preparing for the new programming period from the perspective of the European
Court of Auditors (ECA): Lessons learnt from ECA´s reports
Day 2: Financial Management, Control and Audit in 2021 – 2027
- Key issues for financial management and control in 2021 – 2027
- Responsibilities and tasks of different authorities
- Change of focus from costs, reimbursement and checks to deliverables and results
- Simplified Designation process and eligibility criteria 2021 – 2027
- Simplification and extended use of Simplified Cost Options
- What will be new in Financial Instruments?
- Simplified use of Technical Assistance
- Risk-based management verifications
- New rules for payment applications
- Who will take over the accounting function?
- System audit, audit of accounts, audit of operations: Decreased number of audits
- How can you protect the audit trail and new reporting requirements?
Who should participate?
ESI Funds experts involved in the implementation of EU funded projects such as:
- National ministries for finance and the economy
- National and regional development banks
- Regional and local governments
- National and regional development agencies for economic growth
- Private banks and other financial institutions
- External evaluators
- Audit authorities
- Beneficiaries of EU funded projects
- Research institutes
- Lawyers and consultants specialised in ESI Funds
| Detailed programme will be available soon!
Hotel near the venue
Reduced fee for public authorities: € 1.240,- (excl. VAT)
Regular fee: € 1.640,- (excl. VAT)
10% Summer Discount – Register by 31 August 2019!
The Italian VAT of 22% will be added.
The number of seats is limited. Registrations will be accepted first come, first served.