Our two-day intensive training on State aid in the form of tax measures combines the presentation of rules and principles applying to direct taxation with an assessment of the compatibility of fiscal aid with the internal market, and with an in-depth analysisof most significant cases and Commission decisions.Share
- Fundamental Principles and Application of State aid rules to fiscal measures
- Review of Business Tax Measures: Aspects relating to International Taxation
- Corporate Taxation and Material Selectivity
- Transfer Pricing and the Arm´s Length Principle
- Case Studies:
- The Fiat Luxembourg Tax Ruling
- Spanish Good Will (World Duty Free) & Tax Lease Cases
- Product-specific and Environmental Taxes:
- Environmental taxes and the Dutch Interest NOx case and British Aggregates cases
- Parafiscal levies and turnover taxes
- Procedures & Best Practice – Application of State aid rules to tax measures in Hungary
The participants will be actively involved in the training. The sessions will combine presentations, case studies and discussion on practical problems. You will have ample opportunities to present your own problematic issues and discuss them with the speakers and participants from other Member States.
Just send to us your cases and questions in advance! We will forward them to our speakers, who will include your issues in the programme and answer them during the training. All information concerning such problems and cases will be treated confidentially.
Who should participate?
- Experts from the State Aid Monitoring Offices
- Public officials involved in design and implementation of tax measures:
- Ministries for Finance
- National and regional fiscal and tax authorities
- Regional governments
- Fiscal and legal experts from the National Banks
- Lawyers and consultants
- Experts from public and private banks
- Acquire in-depth knowledge on relevant case law in this regard
- Learn about the rules and principles applying to direct taxation while assessing the compatibility of fiscal aid with the internal market
- Get a detailed overview of the most important Commission decisions on State aid and taxes
- Make sure you finance infrastructure projects in compliance with State aid rules
- Analyse your problems and discuss your individual questions with acknowledged experts
- Exchange with State aid experts from different Member States and enjoy networking
Participants will receive extensive materials:
- All presentations shown during the training (inclusive online access to all presentations after the training)
- Selection of corresponding journals published by Lexxion
- Confirmations of participation
Course Material – No need to miss anything!
If you are unable to make it to the Training, you may want to order a copy of the printed material including the access data to all presentations shown during the events. The price is € 199,- (each, excl. of VAT).
| Detailed programme will be published here soon.
Hotel near the venue
Reduced fee for public authorities: € 1.240,- (excl. VAT)
Regular fee: € 1.640,- (excl. VAT)
Discount for European State Aid Law Quarterly (EStAL) subscribers: € 100,-
The Belgian VAT of 21% will be added.
The number of seats is limited. Registrations will be accepted first come, first served.