In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, EU Member States are urgently rolling out aid measures to save their economies. At the same time, the European Commission is working to quickly adapt the existing State aid legal framework to address the new reality.
The need for clarity and discussion in the current dynamic, emergency situation has lead to this timely online course. Our line-up of speakers is spot-on: State aid experts from DG Competion of the European Commission, the Danish Ministry of Industry, Business and Financial Affairs, and Maastricht University.
- Main features of the TF
- Measures approved by the Commission
- Objectives of the 5 measures implemented in Denmark
- Reasons for 5 distinct measures
- Lessons learned so far from Denmark’s application
- European Commission’s answers to the main questions posed by Member State so far
- European Commission’s advice/warning about any problematic issues that have already been experienced
- Conclusions to questions submitted at Lexxion’s first online course on Covid-19 and State aid Law
- Q & A from participants
- State aid at DG Competition, European Commission, (tbc)
- Phedon Nicolaides (Professor at Maastricht University)
- Preben Sandberg Pettersson (Head of State Aid Division at Danish Ministry of Industry, Business and Financial Affairs)