Receive guidance on innovative methods and approaches for your controlling activities of ESI Funds, such as use of internet and social media, use of sophisticated audit software, use of risk analysis, use of EU databases, and many other tools, which will make your audits and verifications even more effective.
First level control and second level control play a crucial role in the financial management and control system of ESI Funds. Managing Authorities and Intermediate Bodies have to assure administrative and on‐the‐spot verifications in order to ensure efficient and reliable first level control procedure. Audit Authorities have to be very well aware of the audit requirements in order to be best prepared for audit visits.
The question nowadays is, if it is enough to conduct your controlling activities (risk analysis, verifications, audits) just following the “standard” requirements? There are more and more innovative and intellectual property projects under the subsidized projects. Which consequences does it have for the risk analysis, verifications and audits of the projects? What are the innovative approaches and instruments, which will help you to conduct your controlling activities? Join our Spring Course and learn about the new methods and instruments, data analysis and more effective and innovative approaches to perform the verifications and audits in the most efficient way.
Who Should Participate
- Representatives from public authorities in charge of financial management, control and audit, especially from:
- Managing Authorities
- Certifying Authorities
- Audit Authorities
- Intermediate Bodies
- ESI Funds experts from regional and local authorities and experts involved in ETC Programme
- Beneficiaries of EU funded projects, i.e.: Private and public companies, associations, research institutes
- Public and private banks
- International, national and local associations and networks
Course Material – No need to miss anything!
If you were unable to make it to the workshop and/or conference you may want to order a copy of the printed material including the access data to all presentations shown during the events. The price is € 299,- (each, excl. of VAT). If interested, please contact Anya Zuschke.
Topics & Methodology
Session 1: Financial Management and Control System 2014-2020 and Prospective for 2021-2027
- Regulatory Framework 2014-2020, roles and responsibilities of the bodies involved
- New legislative package for Cohesion Policy 2021-2027
Session 2: Effective Management Verifications in ESI Funds
- Legal requirements of the current programming period and what will change in 2021-2027
- Administrative versus on-the-spot verifications: strategy and planning
- Segregation of duties between Managing Authorities and Intermediate Bodies
Session 3: Audit Challenges for ESI Funds
- What will change in key requirements and assessment criteria in 2021-2027 and which consequences will it have for management verifications and audits?
- Audits on operations/projects/payment claims; audit of accounts; verification of Management Declaration
Session 4: Using Innovative Approaches for Your Controlling Activities
- Conducting Risk Management and Risk Analysis of the projects
- New methods and instruments, data analysis and more effective and innovative approaches to perform the controlling activities
- How to use social media sources to make management verifications and audits easier?
- Which useful information can be found in the internet about the project?
- How EU databases can be helpful for you?
- Use of analytical review and data-analytics
- Use of official certification marks or declaration of conformity
- How to use the most important (audit) instruments in an effective way
- How to invest in more effective interviews
- Use of self-assessments and SATooling
- Use of internal audit in an effective way
- Use of frameworks set up by accredited renowned institutions
- Use of historical data and (upcoming/expected) trends
- Use innovation in your presentation
- Exercises on how to use sophisticated audit software to detect irregularities and fraud, for example how possible electronic manipulations can be detected, how plagiarism can be detected with a special software, as well as many other very useful IT tools
The participants will be actively involved in the course in various exercises and group work. This round-table format will offer a platform to learn the new methods and instruments, data analysis and more effective and innovative approaches to perform the controlling activities. Besides expert presentations, the sessions will include discussions and exchange of national (best) practices as well as expert guidance on how to best implement and apply the foreseen measures and strategies in your country.
Just send to us your cases and questions in advance! We will forward them to our speakers, who will include your issues in the programme and answer them during the Spring Course.