During the two and a half-day programme, you will have ample room to profoundly look into the diverse aspects of the given subject thanks to a high variety of dense and topical presentations, case-studies, brain-storming rounds and in-depth discussionof your individual questions.
Just send to us your cases and questions in advance!
You are highly welcome to send your individual questions and/or important issues beforehand – our experts look forward to answering your questions and giving you first-hand advice! All information concerning your questions and cases will be treated confidential. The Seminar takes place under Chatham House Rules.
- What is an undertaking? Small, medium and single undertaking – Slovak health insurance; TenderNed
Advantages – Part 1: The Concept of “Advantage” in State Aid
- Assessment of existence of aid and how to quantify it
- Proof of investment rationality: market price, benchmarks, business plans and indicators
- Does compliance with public procurement law preclude State aid?
- Competitive Selection procedures
Advantages – Part 2: Recent Case Law on Non-/Presence of Advantage
- C-332/18 P Mytilinaios Anonymos Etairia
- C-385/18 Arriva Italia
- C-438/16 P Commission v France and IFP Énergies nouvelles
- C‑127/16 P SNCF Mobilités
- Case T‑778/17 Autostrada Wielkopolska
- T-865/16 Fútbol Club Barcelona v Commission
- Compatability Analysis before the Union courts
- GBER: BMW, Eesti Pagar
- Infrastructure: T-68/15 HH Ferries and others v Commission (Øresund Bridge), Fehmarn Tunnel
- FIH Bank
After every session there will be a discussion slot for participants to address their individual questions.
Faculty & Participants
A diverse professional background of the panel and a small circle of participants sharing a homogeneous level of expertise and experience will guarantee a lively and insightful debate:
Bigmarker is our online course platform. In order to join our online course, please check your device compatibility first.
What do you need in order to join the online course?
- Speakers, Microphone; Camera is possible, if you would like to be seen during the course.
- A wired connection is strongly recommended.
- If your internet connection doesn´t work, you can join the course by telephone, using a dial-in number. In this case there might be additional telephone costs.
How to join the online course?
- Choose the computer from which you would like to follow the course.
- Please check your device compatibility.
- As soon as you get the invitation link: Please register for the course by clicking the invitation link.
- 15 minutes before the course: Bring your headphones, click the invitation link, enter and enjoy the interactive online course!
Minimum system requirements are as follows:
- Operating System: Windows 7 or later; Mac OS X 10.12 or later, Linux.
- Browser: The most recently-published versions of Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Safari, or Opera.
- High-speed internet: A consistent, high-speed connection is required. Mobile tethering, hotspots, slow or inconsistent public Wi-Fi networks may create latency when using video conferencing.
Why do I need to register before the online course starts?
Thank you for registering! This not only helps us to communicate with you in regard to technical issues but it helps you to network with your fellow participants.
Will the live course be recorded?
Please ask the responsible event manager.
Do I need a camera?
It is recommended to have a camera for more comfortable communication with the speakers and other participants.
Do I need a microphone?
Since this is an interactive online course, yes.
Do I need to install anything?
No. We expect you to have a browser.
Can I ask questions during the live course?
Yes, you can ask your questions live by using your microphone. You can speak to all participants at the same time as you may have experienced in Skype.
When can I enter the live course I’m attending?
15 minutes before the start. You only can enter if you have passed the system check.
May I leave the online course and come back later?
Yes, just log in at a later time during the course.
May I access via Phone?
Yes, you can. Participating via phone means you can listen only. Please keep in mind that you will be dialling a US number which would result in higher telephone costs.
Can’t find invitation?
Please check your spam-folder. You should also ask your colleague from the IT department to ‘whitelist’ us. For more details please ask the corresponding event manager, who will be happy to help you.
I failed the Firewall System Check – what can I do?
Please contact your IT department and have them open the necessary ports, which can be found here.
What are the detailed System requirements?
All requirements can be found here.
I failed the Audio Output System Test – what can I do?
If you are using headphones or external speakers, try unplugging them. Please unmute your device. Test your speakers here to find out if they work.
I would like to participate but I’m waiting for an approval. Can I order a ticket on the day of the online course?
Sure. Please message firstname.lastname@example.org. We need to have a separate testing before the start of the course.
My email address has changed – can I still participate?
Sure. Please provide us with your updated email adress; you will then receive a new invitation.
How do I contact the host of the online course?
email@example.com is happy to help you.