Benefits of Attendance
- Learn more about the concept of State aid and its general prohibition under EU treaty rules
- Find out how to assess the existence of State aid in your funding measures
- Get a detailed overview of the most important State aid exemptions and learn how to implement them in the practice
- Make sure that your projects and funding schemes are designed in compliance with State aid rules
- Gain an insight into the methods of assessment and handling the State aid cases by the DG Competition
- Get acquainted with all the procedures relevant for State aid notification
- Learn how to recover incompatible State aid from third parties and what the consequences of a recovery failure are
- Analyse your problems and discuss your questions with acknowledged experts
The participants will be actively involved in the training.
The sessions will combine presentations, case studies and discussion on practical problems. You will have ample opportunities to present your own problematic issues and discuss them with the speakers and participants from other Member States.
Just send to us your cases and questions in advance! We will forward them to our speakers, who will include your issues in the programme and answer them during the training.
All information concerning your problems and cases will be treated confidentially.
Who should participate?
1) Public officials from:
- Ministries and other national authorities
- Regional governments
- Communal and City councils involved in granting State aid in sectors such as:
- Transport and infrastructure
- Environment and Energy
- Telecommunication and Broadband
- Social services and health
2) New employees in the State Aid Monitoring Offices
3) ESI Funds Experts from:
- Institutions coordinating the national strategies for ESI Funds
- Managing, Certifying and Audit Authorities
- Intermediate bodies
- Bodies implementing EU funded projects
4) Employees of National and Regional Development Agencies
5) Lawyers and consultants specialised in public affairs