The process of true learning happens in three stages:
- Identification of the main points or principles
- Appreciation of the complexities and limitation of the principles, and
- Application of the principles
Our Training Method combines these three stages of learning to ensure that the participants obtain the best possible understanding of EU rules.
- Become familiar with the concept and principles of State aid
- Learn how to assess the existence of State aid and its compatibility with the internal market
- Receive a detailed insight into the most important State aid exemptions and how to apply them
- Become acquainted with the State procedures concerning the notification procedure and recovery of unlawful aid
- Increase your knowledge on the main guidelines
- Make sure you finance infrastructure projects in compliance with State aid rules
- Apply your updated knowledge in various practical cases and group exercises
- Exchange with State aid experts from different Member States and enjoy networking at the beautiful Venice Lagoon
Who should participate?
Public officials from:
- Ministries and other national authorities
- National Competition Authorities
- State Aid Monitoring Offices
- Courts of Auditors
- Regional governments
- Communal and city councils
- National and regional development agencies
involved in granting State aid in sectors such as: Transport and infrastructure; finance; environment and energy; telecommunication and broadband; social services and health; agriculture; research, development & innovation
ESI funds experts from:
- Institutions coordinating the national strategies for ESI Funds
- Managing, certifying and audit authorities
- Intermediate bodies
- Bodies implementing EU funded projects
as well as:
- Lawyers and consultants
- Experts from public and private banks
Day 1: Concept & Assessment of State Aid
- Concept and principles of State aid
- Case studies & group work: Does a measure constitute State aid?
- Compatibility assessment of State aid
- Practical exercise: The Market Economy Operator Principle (MEOP)
Day 2: State Aid Exemptions: De Minimis & GBER; Procedures
- De minimis Regulation
- General Block Exemption Regulation (GBER)
- GBER: Best practice for application in Member States
- State aid procedures: Notification & recovery of unlawful aid
- Practical session: Procedural rules, Guidelines, GBER – When to notify?
Day 3: SGEI & Main Horizontal Guidelines
- Services of General Economic Interest (SGEI)
- Case studies: SGEI rules in different sectors
- Regional aid & practical cases
- State aid for R&D&I & practical cases
- Environmental and energy aid & practical cases
Day 4: Infrastructure Funding in Compliance with State Aid
- Funding of infrastructure in compliance with State aid
- Practical exercises and group work on infrastructure funding
Participants will receive extensive materials:
All presentations shown during the training (inclusive online access to all presentations after the training) Selection of corresponding journals published by Lexxion Confirmations of participation.
Course Material – No need to miss anything!
If you are unable to make it to the Training, you may want to order a copy of the printed material including the access data to all presentations shown during the events. The price is € 299,- (each, excl. of VAT).
If interested, please contact Enrica Corpace.