The correct handling of irregularities and fraud within ESI Funds is still a very difficult issue for all involved bodies. The number of irregularities and fraud cases reported to the European Commission remains high, therefore member states need to continue their efforts to minimize the rate of irregularities and to prevent and combat fraud on project and programme level. As a consequence, this topic remains high on agenda for national authorities managing ESI Funds.Share
Irregularities and fraud on project or programme level can bring to withdrawals, repayments and financial corrections. If lead partner does not succeed in securing repayment of any amount unduly paid as result of an irregularity or fraud, the member state on whose territory the beneficiary causing the error is located is obliged to reimburse the amount. Therefore it is crucial for national authorities to implement all measures, aimed to prevent, detect and combat irregularities and fraud at any stage of management of ESI Funds.
- Representatives from public authorities in charge of financial management, control and audit, especially from:
- Managing Authorities
- Certifying Authorities
- Audit Authorities
- Intermediate Bodies
- ESI Funds experts from regional and local authorities and experts involved in ETC Programme
- Beneficiaries of EU funded projects, i.e.: Private and public companies, associations, research institutes
- Public and private banks
- International, national and local associations and networks
Course Material – No need to miss anything!
If you were unable to make it to the workshop and/or conference you may want to order a copy of the printed material including the access data to all presentations shown during the events. The price is € 299,- (each, excl. of VAT). If interested, please contact Anya Zuschke.
Topics & Methodology
We would like to introduce our highly new format: Master class with on-the-spot approach. On the first day, we will train you on innovative methods and approaches to audits and verifications and will prepare you for on-the-spot control of the real projects, which will take place on the second day of the master class. During the second day we will visit 3 real proejcts in the south of the Netherlands and will write reports on your observations. These reports will be discussed and analysed during the third day. The final session of the third day will be devoted to problem-solving: Just send to us your cases and questions in advance! We will discuss them and look for solutions during the master class.
Day 1: Innovative Approaches to Verifications and Audits
- Discussion of innovative approaches to verifications/audits
- Preparation for on-the-spot verifications/audits
- Set up of checklists and questionnaires before visiting the projects
Day 2: On-the-spot Visits and Reporting
- Testcases to improve your skills and the use of instruments
- On-the-spot visits of three real projects in the Netherlands
- Report writing and discussion of reports
- Discussion of cases, submitted by the participants
- Analysing of problematic aspects of submitted cases and identification of possible solutions
- Conclusions and exchange of experience
The participants will be actively involved in the course in various exercises and group work. This round-table format will offer a platform to learn how to prevent, detect and combat irregularities and fraud in ESI Funds. Besides expert presentations, the sessions will include discussions and exchange of national (best) practices as well as expert guidance on how to best implement and apply the foreseen measures and strategies in your country.