During this symposium, leading experts from the European Commission, national competition authorities and regulators, industry, private practice and academia will discuss the pros and cons of regulatory and competition law intervention against online platforms favouring their own goods and services.Share
Topics and Structure of the Symposium
• EU Regulation on fairness and transparency in online platform trading
• Self-preferencing and non-discrimination under specific regulation
• Case study: online marketplaces & third-party retailers
• Case study: app stores & third-party app developers
• Google Search (Shopping) antitrust decision
• Amazon: antitrust investigations in the EU, Austria, Germany
• Effective competition law remedies
Interactive panel discussions as well as Q&A sessions leave time for exchange with high-level experts and colleagues from different countries – use the great networking opportunity!
Who should participate?
• Private legal practitioners
• Representatives from national competition authorities
• Representatives from public authorities dealing with competition law
• Representatives from national courts
• Industry representatives and in-house counsels dealing with competition law
Thursday, 6 June | 9:00-16:45
Registration & Welcome Coffee
Welcome Notes on behalf of Lexxion Publisher & CoRe
Morning Session: Regulations for Platform-to-Business Relationships
Presentation of the Proposed Regulation
Interactive Panel and Q&A
Afternoon Session: Competition Law Issues: Case Studies
Online Marketplaces – Interactive Panel and Q&A
• EC’s Google Investigation on Adsense
• Interoperability and Portability Issues
App Stores – Interactive Panel and Q&A
• Self-preferences and non-discrimination
• Google Shopping Decision
• Amazon Investigation
• Curating Content vs Discriminating Competitors
Effective Competition Law Remedies – Interactive Panel and Q&A
End of CoRe Symposium
* The content may be the subject of change.
Hotel near the venue
Reduced fee for public authorities: € 600,- (excl. VAT)
Regular fee: € 650,- (excl. VAT)
Discount for European Competition and Regulatory Law Review (CoRe) subscribers: € 50,-
The Belgian VAT of 21% will be added.
The number of seats is limited. Registrations will be accepted first come, first served.