Public Procurement in the EU amounts to 1 trillion Euro. However, the violation of the public procurement rules remains one of the main sources of irregularities and fraud in projects co-financed by Structural Funds. The European Commission constantly implements decisions to suspend or interrupt European funding due to the infringements of public procurement procedures. Ensuring correct public procurement – a proper drafting of tenders, running of negotiations, assignment and conclusion of the contract – is essential for all contracting authorities.
- Current European procurement law and the Reforms
- Public procurement proceedings in theory
- A Tense Relationship – Funded Procurement and its control
- Interactive Tutorial: Tendering Phases in Practice
- Audit requirements and compliance
- Public Procurement in ESI-Funded Programmes – View of a Managing Authority
- Preventing Irregularities and Conducting Financial Corrections in Operational Programmes
- Handling Irregularities in EU-funded Projects and Operational Programmes (Case Studies)
- WORKSHOP: Participants will apply the theory to practical cases in small working groups.
Who should participate?
Experts responsible for monitoring, control and auditing of public procurement in:
- ERDF, ESF, CF, EAFRD, EMFF Managing Authorities
- Audit Authorities
- Certifying Authorities
- Intermediate Bodies
EU funds experts involved in the implementation of EU funded projects and acting as a contracting authority in public authorities such as:
- National ministries
- National agencies
- Regional and local governments
- City councils
- National and Regional Development Agencies
- Auditors from National and Regional Audit Authorities
- Private companies acting as contractors for the implementation of EU funded projects
- Lawyers and consultants specialised in public affairs
- Private and Public Banks
Workshop and/or Conference Material – No need to miss anything!
If you were unable to make it to the workshop you may want to order a copy of the printed material including the access data to all presentations shown during the events. The price is € 199,- (excl. of VAT). If interested, please contact Mariell Raisma.