The workshop covers all topics that you need to control and audit Financial Instrument (FI) now and in the upcoming programming period 2021-2027. It will give you a comprehensive overview on the legal basics and best practice. In addition participants receive information on irregularities in the implementation and the re-use of resources allocated of FIs.Share
The target of this practical two-day workshop is to offer space for staff from managing authorities, intermediate bodies and the financial institutions involved in the implementation of ESIF-funded Financial Instruments where they can exchange and discuss their experience and good practice and find guidance for future cooperation.
How to control and audit Financial Instruments? How to control the level of the Fund of Funds and to control the selection of Financial Intermediaries? And how to identify irregularities in the implementation of Financial Instruments? How to re-use resources allocated of Financial Instruments? And how to programme and implement Financial Instruments in the next programming period?
All these questions will be answered in the tailor-made workshop.
You will be actively involved in the workshop. The sessions will combine presentations, cases and discussions on practical problems. And you will have ample opportunities to present your own problematic issues and discuss them with the speakers and participants from other Member States. Just send to us your cases and questions in advance! We will forward them to our speakers, who will include your issues in the programme and answer them during the training. All information concerning such problems and cases will be treated confidentially.
- Introduction: Formal and Practical Aspects of Set-up of Financial Instruments in 2014-20 Perspective and Planned Changes for 2021-2027
- General Framework: Audit and Control of Financial Instruments – The Court of Auditors Perspective
- Control at the Level of the Fund of Funds – Management Control
- Control at the Level of Financial Intermediaries
- Irregularities in the Implementation of Financial Instruments
- Round table discussion: How to create an effective monitoring, audit and control system with avoiding to many obligations for financial intermediaries and final recipients?
- Key Elements of Sound Financial Management of Financial Instruments
- Re-use of Funds as Complementary to 2021-2027 Instruments
- Control and Monitoring of Financial Instruments, Exit Strategy for Financial Instruments versus Closure of Operational Programme
- Future in the Area of Financial Instruments
- Learn how to successfully and effectively use Financial Instruments in the current and next programming period.
- Have a clear understanding of EU regulations apply.
- Benefit from another Member State’s experience and learn good practices.
- Have a platform to exchange ideas and challenges within your organisation and receive practical advice on current cases.
Who should participate?
The workshop is tailored to those bodies who have already performed their ex-ante assessment, decided to design financial instruments and struggle with the next steps.
Experts responsible for:
- design of Financial Instruments;
- legal environment for the development of seed fund and financial flows;
- business finance; and
- risk management.
- ERDF and ESF Managing, Audit and Certifying Authorities and Intermediate Bodies;
- Holding and Development Funds; and
- Financial Intermediaries.
ESI Funds experts involved in the design and implementation of FI in public authorities such as:
- national ministries for finance and the economy;
- national and regional development banks;
- regional and local governments;
- city councils;
- national and regional development agencies for economic growth;
- private banks and other financial institutions; and
- research instituts.
Lawyers and consultants specialised in public affairs advising the above institutions.
Day 1: Thursday, 29 October
Registration & Welcome Coffee
Welcome by Lexxion and Introduction Round
Introduction: Formal and Practical Aspects of Set-up of Financial Instruments in 2014-20 Perspective and Planned Changes for 2021-2027
Here participants learn how to set up and implement FIs with hands-on practical examples and cases. The cases will cover – among others – preparation and update of ex-ante assessment and investment strategy; structure of funding agreement and main rules of selection of bodies implementing FIs.
General Framework: Audit and Control of Financial Instruments – The Court of Auditors Perspective
- Scope and types of controls
- Entities entitled to control
- Correct audit trail
- The methodology of selecting a sample for control
Coffee Break & Networking
Control at the Level of the Fund of Funds – Management Control
- The objectives of management control
- Stages of conducting management control
- Audit scope: the process of launching financial instruments
- Verification of Fund of Fund Manager control procedures for financial intermediaries and final recipients
Control at the Level of Financial Intermediaries
- Control of the correctness of the implementation of the operating agreement
- Verification of the content of investment agreements in terms of the requirements of the operating agreement
- Control and audit of operations from the point of view of the final recipient – in which cases, who and when can control the final recipient and to what extent
Irregularities in the Implementation of Financial Instruments
- Definition and concept of irregularities and the risk of irregularities under financial instruments
- Main areas and levels of irregularities in the programming and implementation of financial instruments
- Proceeding in case of irregularities
- Rules for determining the amount of financial corrections in case of irregularities
Coffee Break & Networking
Round table discussion: How to create an effective monitoring, audit and control system with avoiding to many obligations for financial intermediaries and final recipients?
Round table participants: Mechthild von Maydell; Angelina Todorova and Marcel Bode
Moderator: Marek Szczepański
End of Day 1
Day 2: Friday, 30 October
Key Elements of Sound Financial Management of Financial Instruments
- Management Costs and Fees – legal framework, calculation, eligibility of expenditures
- Eligibility of expenditures in case of loans, guarantees and equity
- Transferring the programme contribution to FI
- Winding-up procedures
- Changes planned for 2020+
Coffee Break & Networking
Re-use of Funds as Complementary to 2021-2027 Instruments
- Legal framework (2007-13, 2014-20)
- Limitations and room for manoeuvre
- A Member State’s approach
- Perspectives for 2020+
- Polish cases of re-use of Funds
Control and Monitoring of Financial Instruments, Exit Strategy for Financial Instruments versus Closure of Operational Programme
Future in the Area of Financial Instruments
- Development so far in use of financial instruments in cohesion policy
- New approach of the regulatory background post 2020
- Main changes in the Commission proposal
- Status and crucial points of the negotiations
End of Workshop & Distribution of Certificates
Reduced fee for public authorities: € 1.240,- (excl. VAT)
Regular fee: € 1.640,- (excl. VAT)
The Italian VAT of 22% will be added.
The number of seats is limited. Registrations will be accepted first come, first served.