The EFFL Conference is an established annual event organised under the auspices of the European Food and Feed Law Review, bringing together experts from both the public and the private sector. Due to Corona the traditional conference has switched format and will be held online – but the high quality of the event will be kept!
- The Commission Green Deal– From Farm till Fork Strategy – General Overview and the Impact on Food Law
- Green Deal – Challenges for the industry
- Nutri-Score® and free movement of goods
- Trade marks as health and nutrition claims, transition period and Regulation (EU) 2018/775
- Personalized nutrition from a personal data protection perspective and GDPR requirements
- Novel Food – learnings from the consultation procedure
- JRC harmonized testing methodology
- Food law in the age of transparency
- Origin of food/Primary Ingredients under Reg. EU 2018/775, first experiences
- Brexit: state of play and perspectives for the food industry and consumers
What participants of the 13th European Food and Feed Law Conference in 2019 said:
“An excellent wrap-up of the topics in Food Law!”
“Although the topics are technical, the presenters were able to describe the real impact of the different regulations very well. Really eye-opening!”
“Stimulating presentations by food law experts, engaging discussions, all in a friendly and inclusive environment. Highly recommend!”
“Very interesting presentations & good networking possibilities.”
Course Material – No need to miss anything!
If you were unable to attend the online course you may want to order a copy of the printed material including the access data to all presentations shown during the event. The price is € 199,- (excl. of VAT). If interested, please contact Julia Thiemann.
Bigmarker is our online event platform. In order to join our online conference, please check your device compatibility first.
What do you need in order to join the online conference?
- Speakers (Audio Playback Device), eg headphones or headset.
- A wired connection is strongly recommended.
- If your internet connection doesn´t work, you can join the conference by telephone, using a dial-in number. In this case there might be additional telephone costs.
How to join the online conference?
- Choose the computer from which you would like to follow the conference.
- Please check your device compatibility.
- As soon as you get the invitation link: Please register for the conference by clicking the invitation link.
- 15 minutes before the live conference: Bring your headphones, click the inviation link, enter and enjoy the conference!
Minimum system requirements are as follows:
- Operating System: Windows 7 or later; Mac OS X 10.12 or later, Linux.
- Browser: The most recently-published versions of Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Safari, or Opera.
- High-speed internet: A consistent, high-speed connection is required. Mobile tethering, hotspots, slow or inconsistent public Wi-Fi networks may create latency when using video conferencing.
Why do I need to register before the online conference starts?
Thank you for registering! This not only helps us to communicate with you in regard to technical issues but it helps you to network with your fellow participants.
Why can’t I see the presenter?
Please check your bandwith. We highly recommend a strong bandwith of 10 Mbps.
Will the online conference be recorded?
Yes, it will be recorded.
Do I need a microphone?
No, you do not.
Do I need to install anything?
No. We expect you to have a browser.
Can I ask questions during the live conference?
Yes, there will be a chat option available. You can contact with the speakers directly to ask any question you may have.
When can I enter the online conference I’m attending?
15 minutes before the start. You only can enter if you have passed the system check.
May I leave the online conference and come back later?
Yes, just log in at a later time during the conference.
May I access via Phone?
Yes, you can. Participating via phone means you can listen only. Please keep in mind that you will be dialling a US number which would result in higher telephone costs.
Can’t find invitation?
Please check your spam-folder. You should also ask your colleague from the IT department to ‘whitelist’ us. For more details please ask the corresponding event manager, who will be happy to help you.
I failed the Firewall System Check – what can I do?
Please contact your IT department and have them open the necessary ports, which can be found here.
What are the detailed System requirements?
All requirements can be found here.
I failed the Audio Output System Test – what can I do?
If you are using headphones or external speakers, try unplugging them. Please unmute your device. Test your speakers here to find out if they work.
I would like to participate but I’m waiting for an approval. Can I order a ticket on the day of the online conference?
Sure. Please message firstname.lastname@example.org.
My email address has changed – can I still participate?
Sure. Please provide us with your updated email adress; you will then receive a new invitation.
How do I contact the host of the online conference?
Please contact email@example.com.