The purpose of the Master Class is to review important developments in Public Procurement case law and the decisional practice of the European Commission, assess their implications for the Member States and public authorities, provide improvement for your procurement measures in order to achieve the best value for money and identify best practices.
The participants are welcome to submit a summary of the problem or case they want to present for discussion and advice in advance. Information concerning such problems and cases shall be treated confidentially.
- Review and Assessment
On the first day, you receive an expert review of the latest Court rulings and Commission decisions. Seminal judgments and decisions are analysed in depth. The analysis identifies how principles are applied in specific situations, delineates possible exceptions and draws the implications for Public Procurement policies.
- Problem Solving
The second day is devoted to cases and questions submitted by participants. Public Procurement measures, problems and other issues from the daily practice of participants are discussed and difficulties resolved. Participants receive advice on how to improve their Public Procurement measures and ensure their compatibility with the internal market.
- Best Practices
On both days, the innovative format of this advanced small-scale Master Class enables you to consider wider issues of relevance to officials and practitioners involved in Public Procurement. You can exchange information and experience with professionals from other countries.
- The sessions will combine presentations, case studies and discussion on practical problems. You will have ample opportunities to present your own problematic issues and discuss them with the speakers and participants from other countries.
- Just send to us your cases and questions in advance! We will forward them to our speakers, who will include your issues in the programme and answer them during the workshop. All information concerning such problems and cases will be treated confidentially.
- This event is intended for officials and professionals who have good knowledge of Public Procurement or are working on projects that may involve Public Procurement in:
- Public authorities on EU, national and regional level
- Consulting companies and legal practitioners
- Academic institutions
- The acquaintance with the principles of Public Procurement law and its several Directives is essential for the participation in the experts’ discussion on the recent developments in Public Procurement and their implications for the practice.
Course Material – No need to miss anything!
If you were unable to attend the online master class you may want to order a copy of the printed material including the access data to all presentations shown during the event. The price is € 199,- (excl. of VAT). If interested, please contact Julia Thiemann.
Bigmarker is our online master class platform. In order to join our online class, please check your device compatibility first.
What do you need in order to join the online master class?
- Speakers, Microphone; Camera is possible, if you would like to be seen during the course.
- A wired connection is strongly recommended.
- If your internet connection doesn´t work, you can join the course by telephone, using a dial-in number. In this case there might be additional telephone costs.
How to join the online master class?
- Choose the computer from which you would like to follow the course.
- Please check your device compatibility.
- As soon as you get the invitation link: Please register for the course by clicking the invitation link.
- 15 minutes before the course: Bring your headphones, click the invitation link, enter and enjoy the online master class!
Minimum system requirements are as follows:
- Operating System: Windows 7 or later; Mac OS X 10.12 or later, Linux.
- Browser: The most recently-published versions of Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Safari, or Opera.
- High-speed internet: A consistent, high-speed connection is required. Mobile tethering, hotspots, slow or inconsistent public Wi-Fi networks may create latency when using video conferencing.
Why do I need to register before the online master class starts?
Thank you for registering! This not only helps us to communicate with you in regard to technical issues but it helps you to network with your fellow participants.
Will the live master class be recorded?
Please ask the responsible event manager.
Do I need a camera?
It is recommended to have a camera for more comfortable communication with the speakers and other participants.
Do I need a microphone?
Since this is an online master class, yes.
Do I need to install anything?
No. We expect you to have a browser.
Can I ask questions during the live course?
Yes, you can ask your questions live by using your microphone. You can speak to all participants at the same time as you may have experienced in Skype.
When can I enter the live course I’m attending?
15 minutes before the start. You only can enter if you have passed the system check.
May I leave the online master class and come back later?
Yes, just log in at a later time during the course.
May I access via Phone?
Yes, you can. Participating via phone means you can listen only. There may be telephone costs for dial-in.
Can’t find invitation?
Please check your spam-folder. You should also ask your colleague from the IT department to ‘whitelist’ us. For more details please ask the corresponding event manager, who will be happy to help you.
I failed the Firewall System Check – what can I do?
Please contact your IT department and have them open the necessary ports, which can be found here.
What are the detailed System requirements?
All requirements can be found here.
I failed the Audio Output System Test – what can I do?
If you are using headphones or external speakers, try unplugging them. Please unmute your device. Test your speakers here to find out if they work.
I would like to participate but I’m waiting for an approval. Can I order a ticket on the day of the online master class?
Sure. Please message email@example.com. We need to have a separate testing before the start of the course.
My email address has changed – can I still participate?
Sure. Please provide us with your updated email adress; you will then receive a new invitation.
How do I contact the host of the online master class?
firstname.lastname@example.org is happy to help you.